Aux in issue

in...@vintagerazors.co.uk

Jan 17, 2019, 8:05:04 AM1/17/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi can anyone help me with this issue as I have tried everything. I have a turntable connected through line in which plays fine through either the analogue speakers or through the line out into a Roberts speaker. however the analogue speakers will only play if i disconect the SPIF cable in line out. I have set Jack sense to off & also set to amp permanenty on but nothing works. As soon as i unplug the Toslink cable the main speakers come on ! Playing the Brennans content works fine through both sets of speakers at the same time.

I have switched of reset, changed the jacksense setting numerous times but nothing works, any suggestions ?

PMB

Jan 18, 2019, 3:12:16 AM1/18/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi David,

Try plugging and unplugging the SPDIF connector several times - there is a switch on the Line In socket that is used to detect when a plug is present - this may be sticking or not making contact properly.

After setting Jack Sense is the setting saved - is it still OFF after powering off and on again?

Paul
Brennan Support.

David Jones

Jan 18, 2019, 5:14:26 AM1/18/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul,

I have plugged and unplugged it maybe 20 times without effect. If I have the turntable playing  & the jack sense set to AMP on permanently I hrear no sound from the wired speakers but as soon as I unplug the SPIF connector they come on & visa versa as soon as i plug it in the go off again. I have cycled the jack sense settings a good number of times as well and they do stay saved if I swich off and on again.

If I play the B2 contents the Jack sense setting see mto do exactly what they should, its only when I use the Aux input. I cant think of anything else to try, I have even plugged a standard 3.5mm into the SPIF to see if its something to do with the optical lead but that has the same effect.

Its really anoying as I have to lift the unit out to unplug the SPIF lead when I want to play records and themn plug back in when I want to use my multiroom speakers.

Any thoughts

Thanks

P.S ) Other than that I just love the B2 my wife says I am obssessed with it !

Edwyn Corteen

Jan 18, 2019, 9:00:42 AM1/18/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi David

I recorded all my vinyl onto the B2, they now play without any faff and as I used Audacity to clean them up, no clicks pops etc. either.

NOT a quick process but well worth it!

PMB

Jan 21, 2019, 7:12:42 AM1/21/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi David,

Thank you for the concise description - I'll investigate further.

Paul
Brennan Support.