Brennan Speakers for B2

djfree...@gmail.com

Jan 6, 2021, 11:26:32 AM1/6/21
to Brennan Forum
Hello,
I've just put on my B2 through my relatively new Brennan BSP 50 speakers (received just before Christmas) and the sound is suddenly dreadful. Very distorted and crackly. I've swapped connections at both ends but no improvement. I've tried it through my bluetooth headphones and it's fine, so definitely the speakers.
Any thoughts or is it just a case of returning for a replacement?

Thanks

David

Brian R

Jan 6, 2021, 11:59:32 AM1/6/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi David
What type of plugs are on your speaker leads?. If they are metal cased try sliding pieces of thin card or plastic between the plugs. The sockets are very close together and can short circuit.
Brian

djfree...@gmail.com

Jan 6, 2021, 12:05:46 PM1/6/21
to Brennan Forum
4mm banana plugs (I think!)

djfree...@gmail.com

Jan 6, 2021, 12:07:07 PM1/6/21
to Brennan Forum
Brennan SP 50 so they're plastic cased.

Brian R

Jan 6, 2021, 1:41:42 PM1/6/21
to Brennan Forum
There have been a number of cases where users have extended cables or used existing cables with metal cased  banana plugs thus causing problems. Do you have access to any other loudspeakers which you try?  . It would be very unusual if both Brennan L/S were faulty.
Brian

djfree...@gmail.com

Jan 6, 2021, 3:45:28 PM1/6/21
to Brennan Forum
I've got my trusty old speakers I used with my JB7 but the connections are different. I'm going to try to connect them with banana plugs and see if they're as good as I remember! Thanks for your help!

PMB

Jan 7, 2021, 5:08:55 AM1/7/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi dfreeman,

If the JB7 speakers also sound distorted I would blame the B2's internal amplifier.

In that case please email us on -   thebrennanb2   @   gmail   .   com   - no spaces, with a brief description of the problem and we will arrange a replacement or repair as appropriate.

Paul
Brennan Support.

djfree...@gmail.com

Jan 7, 2021, 7:00:15 AM1/7/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks. Hopefully it won't come to that, but I'll get back to you if that is the case.

Regards

David