Software won't upgrade

harlond57

Feb 22, 2022, 10:55:24 AM2/22/22
to Brennan Forum
I see on the forum that there has been a December 2021 upgrade and a January 2022 upgrade.  Twice in the last two days I've activated the web upgrade command on my B2, but on the web UI, my software stills shows as "B2B Oct 22 2021 12:29:15."  Everything else seems to be working fine.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Also, if there's a command to show the software version on the B2 display, I couldn't find it.

harlond57

Feb 22, 2022, 11:06:35 AM2/22/22
to Brennan Forum
At the website, I found out how to see the software version on the B2 display.  Press the info button on the remote.  Still reads as October 2021.

JFBUK

Feb 22, 2022, 11:17:48 AM2/22/22
to Brennan Forum
The December and January versions are "experimental" and not officially released.
They are still being tested and are only available to install via a USB drive not via the Web upgrade function.
Unless you are having specific issues I would ignore for now.

John

harlond57

Feb 22, 2022, 11:25:33 AM2/22/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks, John, that answers my question.

PMB

Feb 23, 2022, 5:56:44 AM2/23/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi harlond57,

Martin tells me he updates the Experimental software for development purposes but would like some owners to try it and feedback back any issues. Peter Lowham says he has loaded it and has not had any problems so far. You have to load it using a USB stick and the SW Upgrade option from the Maintenance menu. You can always do a Web Upgrade to return to the 22 Oct 2021 software if you encounter any problems.

Paul
Brennan Support.