CD Spindle center came out with the CD

Cynthia Gagne

Nov 19, 2021, 7:03:32 PM11/19/21
to Brennan Forum
Hello,
We've ripped about 500 CD's on our B2, but today, the little plastic part that the center of the CD sits on was ejected along with the CD.  Putting the next CD in to the B2 will suck in just fine, but then a racket of noise starts.

What options do I have? No one here is mechanically-minded; we're lucky if we are successful to get our lightbulb changed correctly.
-cynthia
Asheville, NC

Daniel Taylor

Nov 19, 2021, 7:53:33 PM11/19/21
to Brennan Forum
Since you are not mechanically-minded, I think you have two options:  either arrange with Brennan to send your unit in for repair; or buy an external CD drive which can be plugged into a USB port and use that going forward.

Cynthia Gagne

Nov 19, 2021, 8:07:03 PM11/19/21
to Brennan Forum

Daniel Taylor: I had not thought about the option of an external CD Drive.  Are there specifications I need to know about, or will a CD player that I just happen to have in my holdings going to work? Oh, wait.  If I have to plug it into a USB port, my older variety probably won't work. I think I might need to consider the path of connecting with Brennan.

Thanks for your response.

Daniel Taylor

Nov 19, 2021, 8:28:54 PM11/19/21
to Brennan Forum
I just went to Amazon and did a search under Electronics for "USB CD DVD drive."  I think any of those would probably work.  Just make sure it doesn't require you to load a driver.  I've never known of one that did, but I know you can't do that on a B2 (unless you want to mess with Linux).

Daniel Taylor

Nov 19, 2021, 8:31:23 PM11/19/21
to Brennan Forum
Oh, one more thing... I'm pretty sure you don't want to get one that's intended for an Apple computer.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Nov 19, 2021, 8:48:58 PM11/19/21
to Brennan Forum
Apple peripherals (eg. CD drives) will only work with Apple kit NOT with Brennans. Also you may need a powered USB hub too for some CD drives as the Brennan USB ports do not provide a lot of power.

Fred

PMB

Nov 23, 2021, 4:17:36 AM11/23/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Cynthia,

If you email us on -   thebrennanb2   @   gmail   .   com   - no spaces, with a brief description of the problem we will send you details for the USA service centre.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Cynthia Gagne

Nov 23, 2021, 4:25:37 PM11/23/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul,
I have submitted an email. Thank you for this email address.
-cynthia