Exporting A Playlist To USB-C

Robert Wilson

Dec 10, 2019, 5:53:20 PM12/10/19
to Brennan Forum
I have only had my B2 working for a couple of days and was experimenting with this function. The first attempt and the display indicated that it was exporting all of the files. When I tried to play the stick in the car there was no sign of the files. Next I deleted all files on the stick (because there were others that I didn't need). I did this on my MacBook and it indicated that all files were deleted. Can you format a stick on a Mac? I only deleted, is there a difference? I do not know how to format a stick on a Mac.
Now I have come to export a Playlist again and it will not work at all. When I push the button to accept the Playlist export the display immediately reverts to the clock.I have tried at least 5 times all with the same result. I have switched off and back on again with no success. I have used Scan Disk again with no success. This menu just will not work. Other than the first time it appeared to work now it just reverts to the clock.

I notice from other posts that there are some issues with this function but none of them appear to be similar to mine.

Any help would be gratefully received.

PMB

Dec 11, 2019, 3:37:29 AM12/11/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Robert,

Try plugging the USB stick into USB C, then go to Settings > Maintenance > Format USB C.

Now try Export Playlist - leave the stick plugged in for at least a minute after the B2 has indicated that the export has finished.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Robert Wilson

Dec 11, 2019, 6:05:22 AM12/11/19
to Brennan Forum
Thank you Paul. I have just tried that. The display went straight back to the clock but the red neon was flashing rapidly for about 30 secs. When it stopped I tried it in the car but just got a message that the queue was corrupt. I have now interrogated the stick on my Mac and the files are there and they play on the computer. It would appear that the format is incompatible with that in the car.

Thanks for your help.

Daniel Taylor

Dec 11, 2019, 9:05:29 AM12/11/19
to Brennan Forum
After removing the USB stick from the B2, plug it into your computer and check what's there.  If you see the files, try to play a few, just to spot check their integrity.

Some cars will not play all formats.  I disovered that although my car WILL play MP3 files, it will NOT play FLAC files, and it does not recognize B2 playlists.