Switching between cd’s

Nick Bradshaw

Feb 7, 2022, 4:33:51 AM2/7/22
to Brennan Forum
Good morning. and thank you for letting me join your forum. I’ve had my B2 for about three months and I’m mightily impressed. However, I sometimes have difficulty switching between different cd’s and from a cd to  radio and vice versa.. I have the Brennan app installed on an iPhone, iPad and a Windows laptop. It seems to be a problem  on each device but have to say window+mouse less so. It’s as if the Brennan freezes-it keeps playing my original selection but just won’t move on.  I’m sure I hit the > button correctly particularly when I’m using the laptop. Also, are there any issues switching between devices-does Brennan get ‘confused’?

fred.w....@gmail.com

Feb 7, 2022, 5:13:51 AM2/7/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Nick

you say:-
However, I sometimes have difficulty switching between different cd’s and from a cd to  radio and vice versa.

Can you please tell us more about how your B2 is set up and which version of the Operating software it is using.

Using the Remote if you press the "info" button twice the Software version will appear on the front display.

We would also like to understand the strength of the WiFi signal that your B2 is seeing using this command under the "maintenance" menu from the front controls
a.JPG

the value you get (assuming you are connected by WiFi and not Ethernet) should be LESS THAN  (-50), a larger number is bad a smaller number is good.

Also please run an "Scan Disk", again from the Front controls
a.JPG

Finally (for now) sometimes problems are actually caused by the device you are using to connect to your B2 - Phones and Tablets (especially Apple products) tend to "cache" stuff for you, so can you tell us a bit more about
what you are using in this area.

Fred

fred.w....@gmail.com

Feb 7, 2022, 5:57:57 AM2/7/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Nick,

Regarding the rest of your questions,

Switching between laptop, iphone etc. WHILE LISTENING to the B2 should not be an issue, just dont expect all devices to keep in sync,

All the B2 does is publish a web page showing the current state of the B2, each web connection will be a separate instance including the App version, they will not cross communicate other than through a page refresh.

Thus while ripping or editing your music you should just use one web interface device. The B2 is not good at multi tasking, just do one thing at a time using one device. I would suggest that to start with the laptop will be the best.

Fred

Nick Bradshaw

Feb 7, 2022, 6:12:00 AM2/7/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Fred, thank you for your helpful comments. The software version is Oct 22 2021 12:29:15. The WiFi strength is -39dBm. You asked about the cache on my iPad/iPhone. Is that the same as history and website data? I clear this from time to time on my iPad and have done so recently. I’ll do it again.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Feb 7, 2022, 8:47:12 AM2/7/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Nick,

Phones seek to "help" users by caching bits of the web pages for you, saving data usage between the device and the server, even remembering between visits to the server, this is not always helpful when you are trying to use the web page to control  a device.

While we fire fight the problem please try just to use the laptop. Your OS version and WiFi signal strength are OK.I

Try using the laptop to repeat what you were doing and see if it works

Fred

Nick Bradshaw

Feb 7, 2022, 9:35:36 AM2/7/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Fred-I think you’ve sorted me out by suggesting using one device to communicate with the Brennan-I reckon that I’ve been sending conflicting requests-or that’s maybe how Brennan sees it. I’ve shut down both phone and iPad and rebooted. I’ll be using the laptop from now on and so far, no problems. 👍🤞

Cheers Nick

PMB

Feb 8, 2022, 4:58:11 AM2/8/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Nick,

You could also try using the web UI, rather than the app, as a test.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Nick Bradshaw

Feb 9, 2022, 1:47:15 PM2/9/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi guys

Is there any way of switching off the various emails that I get from the forum. I don’t want to unsubscribe, but having been a member for about one week, I’m finding my inbox is being swamped. I would like to be able to use the undoubted knowledge from you and forum members by searching the website for specific issues. Can you help please

Thank you

Nick

Daniel Taylor

Feb 9, 2022, 3:02:02 PM2/9/22
to Brennan Forum
As you view this thread, at the bottom of the left column, there is a link to go to "My membership settings."  When you click that, a page will come up giving you options for Each email; Digest; Abridged; No email.  I have selected the last one, No email.  That does not stop someone from sending you a private email.  But it does stop the forum from sending you an email for every post.

Mark Fishman

Feb 9, 2022, 3:52:54 PM2/9/22
to Brennan Forum
I have chosen to get the Digest; I get approx one email per day with short excerpts from new posts, so I can see if there's been anything new of interest. One email per day seems manageable.

PMB

Feb 10, 2022, 3:23:10 AM2/10/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Nick,

If you have a problem changing the setting I can do it, just let me know.

Paul
Brennan Support.