connectivity issue

Mike Mallett

Feb 16, 2022, 4:13:06 PM2/16/22
to Brennan Forum
I have the brennan connected by an ethernet connetion to a nearby tp link . Following a recent outage i have found i cannot connect to radio if i do it cuts out in 10 to 20 seconds .
Before the outage i could connect my spotify account to the brennan this is no longer the case . I cannot connect my phone i put in the ethernet id which has changed. my knone cannot find it neither can my lap top . I ran diagnostics on the lap top and it stated the brennan was not responding . I took the advice in an earlier post and removed the wi fi dongle and switched back on but this has made no difference . Compared to what i was enjoying the fuctionality of the brennan is now somewhat limited any ideas
the original address as http//192.1.63 it now shows http192.168.0.100
Any suggestions team

fred.w....@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2022, 4:29:10 PM2/16/22
to Brennan Forum
The brennan is now connected to a different network 192.1.63 is not even a complete address, did you mean 192.168.1.63?
The third group difference 0 and 1 is significant.

If I were you I would power off the Router, wait 30 seconds and power it up again. Then power up the B2 and from the front use the menu to "Reset WiFi" then go through the process of setting it up again as you did when you got it. You may get a New IP number make a note if it.
Then restart your PC an once connected to the WiFi try using the new IP for the Brennan to open the web UI.

Fred

fred.w....@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2022, 4:34:01 PM2/16/22
to Brennan Forum
Oops sorry you sad Ethernet connection over TP link
So ignore the bit about WiFi above but instead still reboot the router but turn the TP links off as well. Start the router then after it is stable turn on the Tplink next to the Router then the one next to the Brennan then the Brennan...then check the Brennan IP.  Then continue as above

Fred

fred.w....@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2022, 6:55:15 PM2/16/22
to Brennan Forum
I go this from Mike to my private e-mail (and my reply)
-----------------------
Thanks Fred you were right about the address i did power it turn the brennan off and repower . Is there  a simple way to check the brennan is getting a signal from the ethernet cable . I will follow the sequence you suggest . I dont think its connected at the moment i have a music cast device in the study and the controller could find the brennan as a server with no trouble at all but thats now not the case . Hopefully your suggestion will fix the problem  Thanks

-----------------------
Hi Mike,

Try to use the Forum for communication so there is a trail for others to follow if they have similar Issues.

You must remove the WiFi dongle when connecting via Ethernet cable and then, if the B2 gets an IP number which is displayed scrolling on the Front Screen at boot up, it is connected to the router OK. It is the Router which issues this IP number not the Brennan!

Fred

Daniel Taylor

Feb 16, 2022, 8:40:48 PM2/16/22
to Brennan Forum
I want to emphasize something that Fred talked about earlier.  For two devices to communicate over your local area network, their respective IP addresses must have the first three numbers in common.  For example, the IP address of my PC is  192.168.1.72 and for my B2 it is 192.168.1.79
Any device that wants to talk to the B2 must have an IP address of 192.168.1.xx  If it has 192.168.0.xx then they cannot communicate.  Getting this to happen is the province of the router.  That involves digging into the manual for the router and learning how to get it to do what you want it to do (or getting someone to do it for you ;o).