Software updates

dougmc...@yahoo.co.uk

Feb 28, 2022, 3:46:05 PM2/28/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi everyone

As there been any new software upates for the brennan B2 in 2002.  I was getting regular updates up until October 2021 but not had updates since.  Was just wondering if there was a problem with my system.

Best regards
Douglas

Daniel Taylor

Feb 28, 2022, 3:54:24 PM2/28/22
to Brennan Forum
The latest official release, as noted on the Latest Software page, is 22nd Oct 2021.  There is a current experimental version available for download at the top of the left column on that same page.  To update to that version, you must copy the file to a USB stick (FAT32 formatted) and use the SW Upgrade command (Maintenance menu).

dougmc...@yahoo.co.uk

Feb 28, 2022, 3:59:00 PM2/28/22
to Brennan Forum
Thank you for your help Daniel

Best regards
Douglas

PMB

Mar 1, 2022, 6:01:23 AM3/1/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Douglas,

A software update is being worked on but I do not have a release date yet.

Peter Lowham says he has been running the Experimental software without any issues, if you want to try it. You can always do a Web Upgrade to get back to the Oct 22 2021 version if you encounter any problems.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Peter Lowham

Mar 1, 2022, 7:03:08 AM3/1/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,

Yes, I've been using the 'B2B Feb 18 2022' Experimental version on two B2 units for about 9 days now, so far with no problems.

Activities so far are:

General playing of music tracks
Ripping and compression of newly acquired CD albums (all recognised and tagged by B2)
Using NAS to B2 to edit and  re-tag some albums
Full Export of 20500 tracks to USB HDD (8.4 hours to run)
Full Import of 20500 tracks from USB HDD
Transfer of new music from B2 to JB7

Currently running an 'Export mp3' function to a USB HDD (should complete at at about 16:30 today).

Regards,
Peter.