Mobile UI not working on Samsung S9 or S8

Tim Paterson

Apr 11, 2019, 12:56:23 PM4/11/19
to Brennan Forum
Since one of the recent updates (can't remember which exactly) the Mobile UI isn't working. Well, it works but only shows the first 20 artists in the list and won't scroll any further. I can find the rest of the artists by using search but I prefer to scroll. I have tried different browsers and even uninstalled chrome but it still behaves the same when re installed. If I switch to the older Phone UI (not the /mobile one) it all works fine and shows all artists.
Maybe I've missed some new functionality bit I've tried everything I know to make it scroll past the first 20 but can't . (It actually says "all artists and 20") which I know is wrong

PMB

Apr 12, 2019, 3:25:30 AM4/12/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Tim,

The 12th February release fixes this issue.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Jasper Warwick

Apr 12, 2019, 12:48:29 PM4/12/19
to Brennan Forum
I have a Samsung S7 running Chrome and the March 20 release and I have the same problem, only 20 tracks showing.

Same problem if using firefox or Samsung browser.

Edwyn Corteen

Apr 14, 2019, 12:50:36 PM4/14/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jasper

I have found the issue to be caused by screen size, on my phone I can only get to 40 artists, but on my 7" Fire I can get through to all artists, however the system is still not very good as as soon as you look at a particular artist and then go back to the list you are back to seeing only 20 artists and have to scroll (slowly!) through the list to get all artists back, so I have given up with this part and just use the search icon as this easily shows all artists, I think this part needs a considerable re-write!

Tim Paterson

Apr 15, 2019, 4:14:59 AM4/15/19
to Brennan Forum
I'm on the latest SW level too and it doesn't work  on either of our Samsungs, so we're just resigned to using the "search"  Icon now too.

MJB

Apr 16, 2019, 11:48:23 AM4/16/19
to Brennan Forum
Hello Tim

I'm looking into this - it works OK on the small LG Android I use. And I just tested an iPhone. I've tried emulations of a few phones but not the Samsung 9.

The software fetches the data in blocks of 20 and fetches some more when you drag the list to the end - on my LG there is a brief pause and the artist count jumps from 20 to 40 and then from 40 to 60 and so on. What happens when you try and drag the display?

Ed I'll take a look at preserving the artists data when you navigate back from an album. And by the way I think the slow scrolling thing is unnecessary now.

Martin

Tim Paterson

Apr 17, 2019, 3:58:48 AM4/17/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Martin, When I drag down to refresh it jumps to the "Now Playing" window then when i hit the button to get back to the "Browse" window (the one that looks like a file tree symbol)  it jumps to within a random artist which is not necessarily one from the first twenty but always completely random. When I press up i goes back to the first 20 artists.

This might have started when I added a load of Album Art if that's relevant ? But I cant be 100% sure I didn't first become aware after a  SW Update.

It seems to behave the same on both the S9 and S8 we have in the house. I'll double check with one of the KIds iPhones tonight and see how it behaves amd let you know.

Thanks
Tim.

Jasper Warwick

Apr 17, 2019, 7:36:49 AM4/17/19
to Brennan Forum
I have exactly the same problem on my S7 edge (on any browser I try)

lesliebr...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2019, 7:47:05 AM4/17/19
to Brennan Forum
Still, a problem on my Samsung android Galaxy A5 2017 model using Chrome too

MJB

Apr 18, 2019, 10:02:03 AM4/18/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Tim

Thats interesting - I mean the jump to now playing.

Given that you have two phones could you video whats happening - and email / attach /send the video - I must be missing something.

Martin