USB Problems

Bill Green

Feb 9, 2021, 3:29:19 PM2/9/21
to Brennan Forum
I have been using the same USB stick for a while now to transfer music from my PC to my B2 (copied via dpPoweramp).
For some reason today when I plugged in the USB stick and powered up the B2 I got a flickering unresponsive screen. Tried a couple of times to reformat the USB via the B2 and repeating the process but same result - any ideas?

Hopefully the worst it can be is a failed USB stick. I have a few others, assuming no one can fix the above problem does anyone have the link where you can check USB sticks? I have seen it on here before.

Peter Lowham

Feb 9, 2021, 4:22:49 PM2/9/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Bill,

If you go to the link below to a post I made some time ago, it will take you to a small PC based app that will test your USB stick (and SD cards as well).  It works extremely well and is a free download.

Regards,
Peter.

Daniel Taylor

Feb 9, 2021, 4:24:31 PM2/9/21
to Brennan Forum
I don't know the link.  But I think the program you need for checking a USB stick or SD card is "h2testw."  Google that, and you should be able to find where to download it.  It's free.