A CD that will not rip

Michael...@hotmail.co.uk

Mar 19, 2022, 7:05:00 AM3/19/22
to Brennan Forum
I have a Classic FM CD that the B2 really really struggles to rip. It keeps reading a bit off the CD itself then pauses whilst the Red LED flashes, then it reads a bit more and so on. After several hours on this process it has only completed 5/6% of the first track. I just wondered if there was a work around or best to just ditch the CD?

JFBUK

Mar 19, 2022, 8:10:19 AM3/19/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Michael

do you have a computer with a CD drive that you could use to rip the CD ?
If so rip it there and then use the Web UI to upload the ripped content.

John

Michael...@hotmail.co.uk

Mar 19, 2022, 9:26:53 AM3/19/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks John. I forgot to say the said CD plays "music" on a couple of differing players. Unfortunately I currently don't have a PC or a CD reader. I presume you have to purchase a piece of software to enable you to "rip" the offending CD with?

JFBUK

Mar 19, 2022, 9:59:44 AM3/19/22
to Brennan Forum

Hi Michael,

there is free software that does the job of ripping more than adequately e.g. Windows media player that comes with Windows
iTunes on an Apple Mac is another possible route

If you beg/borrow a computer with a CD drive from someone to do the rip you could then copy the ripped files to a suitably formatted USB drive.
The USB drive can be plugged into your B2 and you can copy the files to your B2 using B2 functions.

Another alternative is if you can borrow an external CD drive with a USB connection.

This can be connected to your B2 and ,all being well, the troublesome CD may rip directly on the B2 using that drive

If you able to sort out the physical logistics then repost on here if you need help with the ripping and file transfer.

John

PMB

Mar 21, 2022, 3:46:19 AM3/21/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Michael,

Does the CD play on the B2 - press the Play/Stop button rather than the control knob (which starts a rip)?

Does the B2 rip all other CDs OK?

Paul
Brennan Support.

Michael...@hotmail.co.uk

Mar 21, 2022, 6:03:56 AM3/21/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul
Yes the B2 will play the CD okay, it's the ripping that is the problem. I have ripped thousands of CDs using the B2 with a separate fast CD player connected via the USB port.

PMB

Mar 22, 2022, 1:41:59 PM3/22/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Michael,

Is there any video, photos, etc on the CD?

Try ripping as Album 123 (for example).

Paul
Brennan Support.