Problem with track or album selection using web u/i or app

Andrew H

Jun 22, 2021, 9:13:57 AM6/22/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi

I’m a new B2 (2 T) owner and mostly things are going ok. I’ve ripped about 280 albums so far in the last couple of months but I’m now finding an odd problem.
For a while I seemed to be able select and play any album or track using the web u/i or app.
I’m now finding lots of albums/tracks won’t play. The web u/i still responds to stop and start and volume control for instance but I can’t make selections.
Is there something I need to do?

Less importantly is there a way of retaining original track order with those albums that have needed manual naming? At the moment the tracks are defaulting to alphabetical order.

Cheers

Andrew

Daniel Taylor

Jun 22, 2021, 10:24:31 AM6/22/21
to Brennan Forum
When naming tracks manuall, it is required that the track name be preceded with the track number.  For example:  01 Beatles - Drive My Car

Andrew H

Jun 22, 2021, 11:38:30 AM6/22/21
to Brennan Forum
Great thanks John (and Daniel)I’ve done that now and the tracks are lining up in the proper order.
(Can’t play the album at the moment as it’s falling victim to the selection problem but at least it’s that problem solved)

Peter Lowham

Jun 22, 2021, 12:30:27 PM6/22/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Andrew,

Have you run 'Scan Disk', found from the from panel in 'Settings' --> 'Scan Disk'?  This function sorts out many issues like this.

Regards,
Peter.

Andrew H

Jun 23, 2021, 5:35:39 AM6/23/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks John I’ve run Scan Disk and it all seems fine now, much relief! 😅
Regards
Andrew

Peter Lowham

Jun 23, 2021, 5:45:02 AM6/23/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Andrew,

Good to know that you are sorted now.  If you are having issues with your B2, just run 'Scan Disk' and see if that fixes the problem.

Regards,
Peter.