JB7 display

Jeremy Bloomfield

Jun 30, 2021, 4:46:26 AM6/30/21
to Brennan Forum
It's odd - given the bulletproof build quality of the JB7 - that the display on mine (passed to me by a relative) slopes slightly to one side (or is slightly further away from the window on one side- ca't tell)

Given I'm handy with elec repairs - has anyone dug into the front panel?

Jeremy

Peter Lowham

Jun 30, 2021, 5:53:41 AM6/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jeremy,

I haven't worked on the front panel display yet (mine is going dim in the centre area), but when I bought it as used with a faulty CD unit, I did dismantle the JB7 and replace the CD drive.

The JB7 is relatively easy to dimantle and reassemble, as always just take time and care.  The modules are all interconnected with plug in cables which is very convenient.

Regards,
Peter.

Jeremy Bloomfield

Jun 30, 2021, 10:33:39 AM6/30/21
to Brennan Forum

Anyone know how the aluminium front cover separates from the inner steel?

PMB

Jul 1, 2021, 2:56:40 AM7/1/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,

AudioTech have produce a replacement display assembly for the JB7 (and can replace the HDD with an SSD)

Email them on -   audiotechcontact   @   gmail   .   com   - no spaces.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Clan

Jul 6, 2021, 11:27:34 AM7/6/21
to Brennan Forum
I wish the above company would sell them for us to fit , it becomes uneconomic to let them do the job .
You are well on the way to a new  BB1 cost-wise .

Jeremy Bloomfield

Jul 6, 2021, 12:24:00 PM7/6/21
to Brennan Forum
I could do more to have a look if the 4 screws weren't so effing tight, and threadlocked. Overkill really.

Peter Lowham

Jul 10, 2021, 7:03:03 AM7/10/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jeremy,

The front aluminium cover is attached to the inner steel by two cross-head screw, one on each end of the cover.  Then remove the front panel knob (just pull it off gently) and there you will find a largish nut which needs to be removed.  The front cover will then just lift off.

Regards,
Peter.

Jeremy Bloomfield

Jul 31, 2021, 6:32:40 AM7/31/21
to Brennan Forum
Hmm - pull it off gently isn't possible. I daren't pull any harder...
Back to square one...

Peter Lowham

Jul 31, 2021, 6:54:21 AM7/31/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jeremy,

If you look around the edge of the knog is there a small grub screw to prevent the knob from being pulled off?  There isn't on mine, but the design might have changed at some point (my JB7 is 2011).

Regards,
Peter.