No audio from speakers

harry gillespie

Sep 2, 2021, 1:48:42 PM9/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Tried all the advice from forums but only way I can play music is through my headphones,speakers stopped working after about 2 weeks of use any suggestions

JFBUK

Sep 2, 2021, 2:13:08 PM9/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Harry,
Have you got the headphones plugged in and the speakers connected at the same time ?
If you plug something into the line out jack the speakers will be muted unless you set ‘Jack Sense’ to off
From the menu

>Settings -> Jack Sense -> Jack Sense Off

John

Daniel Taylor

Sep 2, 2021, 2:51:21 PM9/2/21
to Brennan Forum
In situations like this, I've seen it recommended that if your speaker connectors have a metal housing, they might be touching and therefore shorting out the amplifier.  Slip a small thin piece of cardboard between the connectors to isolate them electrically.

harry gillespie

Sep 2, 2021, 3:31:05 PM9/2/21
to Brennan Forum

Thanks for replies,no the headphones weren’t connected I only tried them as a last resort.
No Daniel the connectors aren’t touching,
I’m beginning to suspect it might be something internal as it was okay one day then not the next
Thanks anyway,I’ll see if Brennan get back with a solution

PMB

Sep 3, 2021, 5:16:33 AM9/3/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Harrygi,

It sounds (or doesn't in this case....) like the amplifier section may have failed, so please email us on
-   thebrennanb2   @   gmail   .   com   - no spaces, with a brief description of the problem and we will get it sorted for you.

Paul
Brennan Support.