FLAC to MP3.

ramot...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2020, 8:44:10 AM8/23/20
to Brennan Forum
I had a JB7 with 15000 tracks which were recorded in MP3 which I did transfer to my new B2, my question is if it is possible to convert MP3 tracks to FLAC.   Also as is getting close to Christmas  what I want for Christmas  is a way to list classical  tracks by the composer name, now I have them listed as Artists. Is Santa (Martin) listening? My collection is 90 %
classical. Thanks in advance.

RAMO

Peter Lowham

Aug 23, 2020, 9:04:04 AM8/23/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Ramo,

With regard to the mp3 to flac conversion, this would not be of any benefit to you. The original wav to mp3 compression will have removed some of the music content (in order to achieve the mp3 compression) so that data is gone forever.  Converting the mp3 tracks to flac won't bring that lost data back; what you would have is a flac file which is running at mp3 quality.

Re the classical tracks listing, there is a well-infomed thread on this topic in this forum posted on 27/06/20.  If you search for 'B2 for classical collections?' (without the quotes), perhaps this will help you.

Regards,
Peter.

ramot...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2020, 9:46:45 AM8/23/20
to Brennan Forum
Señor Don Peter:

Thank you very much for your prompt response, it is very nice to have someone like you to help us neofits with answers to our questions, makes life more enjoyable. May you continue  helping  members of the Brennan family.

Muchas gracias

RAMO

Peter Lowham

Aug 25, 2020, 10:17:00 AM8/25/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Ramo,

Thank you for your kind response.  This is an excellent forum, with many people helping to answer the queries.  If you need any more help or advice just post here again.

Best regards,
Peter.