B2 Bluetooth out stopped working

Phil G

Jun 3, 2020, 7:44:50 AM6/3/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi. I am aware that Brennan no longer support Bluetooth out for the B2. However, I have always been successful with my Bose Soundlink Mini. After some advice from the forum I bought an extension lead for the Bluetooth dongle to extend its range. The B2 now no longer connects. I have May 19th 2020 software. I have Scan Disked. I have reset the B2 and the Bose Bluetooth. I have successfully re- scanned and the B2 shows that has connected but when I try to connect it gives the message 'Done' but no sound comes through the Bose. I have tried the process several times both with the extension and with the dongle in its original place. Anyone help? Cheers Phil
Message has been deleted

Peter Lowham

Jun 3, 2020, 7:57:44 AM6/3/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Phil,

That is a bit of a head-scratcher!  One question I have for is on your version of B2 software.  Is it 'B2 ........' or 'B2B .......'

The 'B2B' version has a much expanded Bluetooth capability.

Regards,
Peter.

Peter Lowham

Jun 3, 2020, 8:17:28 PM6/3/20
to Brennan Forum
From Phil,

Thanks Peter. It is the B2 version. I've not done the B2B..looks and sounds tricky?

Hi Phil,

The B2B upgrade is actually relatively straight-forward, although it looks a bit scary when you look at the instructions.  The bottom line is that you rebuild your (micro)SD card with the updated Bluetooth software.  Below is a link to those instructions. Look in the left hand panel of the webpage link below and scroll down to 'New SD Card'.

If your B2 is the later model, the microSD card will be internal and will require two small philips screws to be romoved from the back panel, in order to let you gain access to the microSD card.  The instructions for that are at the link here:

'How to change the microSD card'

Further down this webpage are two download links; one for 'balenaEtcher' and the other for 'B2BNOV2019.zip' file.  These files are all you need to rebuild your (micro)SD card.

I have boiled the instructions down into a series of summary steps below, which might be of help to you.  I did these recently for another forum member who needed to rebuild his SD card..

Download & install 'balenaEtcher' on your PC/Mac
Download B2BNOV2019.zip to your PC
Switch off your B2
If your B2 is the older version, then remove the SD card from the side of the B2
If your B2 is the later version, then open up the B2 from the back, per Brennan's website instructions and remove the microSD card
Plug new (micro)SD card into PC
Start up 'balenaEtcher' application on PC
Point 'balenaEtcher' to the B2BNOV2019.zip file  (DON'T unzip the file)
Click on balenaEtcher 'Start' button

It takes 'balenaEtcher' a few minutes to flash and verify the (micro)SD card.

Replace the (micro)SD card into the B2.
Power up the B2.
Check on software version which should show as 'B2B Nov 06 2019'.
Run a 'Web Upgrade' to the latest software on the Brennan website.
Reboot the B2.
Run a software version check - should now show 'B2B May 23 2020' or later date.

So from a bare SD card to full upgrade can take less than 30 minutes to complete.

Regards,
Peter.

PMB

Jun 4, 2020, 5:30:46 AM6/4/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Phil,

When you say you have reset the B2 do you mean you used 'Reset Bluetooth' (Maintenance menu)?

Paul
Brennan Support.

Chris Downs

Jun 4, 2020, 10:54:03 AM6/4/20
to Brennan Forum
I have this problem from time to time. Make sure no other device is connected to your speaker and unpair all other devices from the Brennan this works for me.

Regards

CHRIS