Updating Sonos Library issue - Changed album name

David John Prince

Sep 29, 2021, 9:40:51 AM9/29/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi I changed the name of an album, changed the artist and each track using the UI. The album appears in the UI in its changed format and also in the music folder. However, when I update the music library in Sonos it still shows as the old (original ripped) title, artist and tracks. All the other ripped CD's show up accurately when I have ripped them before and after this one.

Also done Scan Disk and Compress Now a couple of times.

Any ideas anyone?

Daniel Taylor

Sep 29, 2021, 10:06:39 AM9/29/21
to Brennan Forum
When you changed the names on the B2, you were changing the filenames.  Sonos get's its information from the metadata tags in the track files.  The edits on the B2 did not change the tag information.  To change that, you could access your B2 as a NAS drive and use various programs, such as MP3Tag, to edit the tag info.

Daniel Taylor

Sep 29, 2021, 1:11:35 PM9/29/21
to Brennan Forum
DJP replied to me privately:
"Thanks Daniel, way beyond my capabilities and patience! I will live with it thanks."

PMB

Sep 30, 2021, 3:07:57 AM9/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi DJP,

Try this - use the front control to navigate to the renamed album (Browse Artists >> Pick Album or Browse Albums) >> select the Album (click - press and release - the front control) >> turn the control to 'ReTag Album' >> click.

Then refresh the library on Sonos.

Does this help?

Paul
Brennan Support.

Daniel Taylor

Sep 30, 2021, 6:40:37 AM9/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul,
Does the ReTag Album function get it's data from the MusicBrainz database, or from the folder and filenames on the B2?

Peter Karetnyk

Sep 30, 2021, 9:03:10 AM9/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul
I had an album 262 in sonos music .
So I tried your solution and it worked, music library was updated and removed album 262 and added the correct info.
Thx
PK