Max Rankin

Jul 9, 2020, 6:58:07 AM7/9/20
to Brennan Forum
I recently had an internet outage lasting 2 weeks, during which I ripped maybe 200 CDs on my B2. It seems like no net = no graphics, so now I have music files with no graphics on my B2 for those CDs. If I put one of those CDs in the external drive attached to my B2, it shows the cover graphics and offers to rip the CD. Is there a way I can load just the graphics that appear in the CD window, without doing the CD again or searching on Amazon or Musicbrainz? Thanks, Max

Edwyn Corteen

Jul 9, 2020, 7:17:09 AM7/9/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Max

Not currently but Martin is working on this, see latest software notes

In future I will add a retag function to update tags with latest name and cover art.

PMB

Jul 10, 2020, 4:46:35 AM7/10/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Max,

To get artworks for CDs already ripped you'll have to re-rip or search on Amazon/Musicbrainz.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Alan Gough

Oct 26, 2020, 10:41:07 AM10/26/20
to Brennan Forum
I have lots of albums without artwork. Using the (new) WUI, and selecting albums, it provides a row of album covers (mine mostly coloured squares) .  If I select the 3 dots below the picture, I can go to Musicbrainz or Amazon and find one it, it then displays the CD with the artwork below the list of covers, but does not update the original picture. If I select any other function, artist for instance, and then go back to albums, the picture has been updated.
Trivial I know, but it can be a little unnerving till you realize it has actually added the artwork to the CD file, but just not updated the WUI list.
Cheers Alan

Daniel Taylor

Oct 26, 2020, 2:24:31 PM10/26/20
to Brennan Forum
That does sound a little odd.  It occurs to me that it may be a matter of the old picture being saved in the web browser's cache for the WebUI.  If you clear the cache when you're done with changes, that might clean things up.

PMB

Oct 27, 2020, 5:50:06 AM10/27/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Alan,

To confirm -

  • In 'Albums' view you click the three dots below a coloured box to add an artwork
  • Choose 'Get Artwork (MusicBrainz)', for example and one or more artworks are shown
  • Click on one of the artworks
  • The coloured box doesn't update with the chosen artwork - both for albums with no previous artwork and when changing an existing artwork.

Is this correct?

BTW I found refreshing the web UI page does update the display but returns to 'Artist' view.

Paul
Brennan Support.