Random play on BB1

John Jones

Sep 10, 2021, 5:37:57 PM9/10/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi - love my new BB1, but there seems to be an anomaly. If I have turned random play ON, then after powering off, the next time I power back on, random play is OFF (as though the BB1 does not remember this setting).
Is this deliberate? and if so, why?

fred.w....@gmail.com

Sep 10, 2021, 7:15:53 PM9/10/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Cornu

I am not sure if this is the same on a BB1 (I have a B2) but with a B2 to "save" settings etc one should hold in the Play/Stop button until "saving" appears on the screen (then let go) and wait until the time comes back - then power off.
It may be the same for the BB1 - worth giving it a go!

Fred

John Jones

Sep 12, 2021, 4:38:20 PM9/12/21
to Brennan Forum
That seems to work sometimes - if I do that, the next time I turn the BB1 on, Random Play will still be selected... but the next time I turn it on it may or may not retain the Random Play setting. Seems like the selection should remain in it's last selected state.

Daniel Taylor

Sep 12, 2021, 4:54:49 PM9/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi cornu... (that's all I see of your name)
You have a good point.  I does seem like the BB1 should remember its settings after a power cycle.   I'm sorry I don't know the answer.

Paul from Brennan support monitors the forum every weekday morning and sometimes on Saturday.  So if you can wait until tomorrow morning, I'm sure he will help out.  Also, there could be someone else who knows the answer and will post yet this evening.  But Sunday evening is a slow time.

PMB

Sep 13, 2021, 4:20:39 AM9/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Cornu...,

The Random mode setting is not retained on the B2 or the BB1 after a power cycle and has always been like that. However after powering the B2 or BB1 on, pressing the NEXT button starts a Randomised track playing and also turns on Random mode.

Paul
Brennan Support.