Re-search for track listing

ejmic...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2022, 5:13:29 PM3/7/22
to Brennan Forum
Is the anyway to force another search for the  tracking listing of a CD some time after it was ripped and turned-up "unknown"?
-Ed

fred.w....@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2022, 5:59:38 PM3/7/22
to Brennan Forum
I can think of one.
Download the album to a computer and use a program there dBpoweramp?

Fred

Ray Dion

Mar 7, 2022, 6:51:35 PM3/7/22
to Brennan Forum
I recently added my CDs to the B2. When this occurred to me I did a google search for the title followed by "CD". Many times it would appear on Discogs where I would find the track listing and missing cover art. I would do a cut and paste from the website, put it into a text editor (WordPad for me) and edit it to include the title text I wanted. I would download the artwork as well.
While you can't update anything while ripping, when the rip was over I would use the web page to edit the tracks. I would
  • copy the entire line (one click to the left of the line),
  • do a copy,
  • go into the webpage and select the title by double clicking on it and then a paste.
If needed I would click on the album art which would allow me to select the file I downloaded and add it to the B2.

Definitely boring, redundant and makes for a tired hand.

Musicbrainz Picard could also assist you.

PMB

Mar 8, 2022, 5:27:27 AM3/8/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Ed,

Have you got the B2 connected to WiFi (displaying an IP Address - something like 192.168.1.127) and the internet (displaying the clock)?

Try ejecting the untitled CD and reinsert - you may have to repeat to get a title.

Paul
Brennan Support.