Recording Internet Radio

Andy Snapper

Aug 8, 2021, 7:19:56 AM8/8/21
to Brennan Forum
I understand from the recording instructions for the B2 that I am unable to use the B2 to record the Internet Radio that the B2 can play, when it is not in recording mode. It can record from other sources, but not the Internet Radio it can play.

So, if I want to record/copy a radio programme how might I set about doing that? Do I use the Internet Radio which I can access on my computer to record to the B2, or is there some inexpensive digital recorder that can be 'linked' to the B2 to record the Internet Radio that the B2 can play?

I think my intention would then be to be able to play it back from the B2, but since I can't even put those indicative 'labels' on my posting you will realise that you are corresponding with a novice who doesn't know what he could know.

Thanks
Andy

JFBUK

Aug 8, 2021, 7:46:56 AM8/8/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Andy,

Audacity can be configured to record what you hear playing back on your computer.

You can save as FLAC and upload to your B2

And it has edit facilities so you can cut out anything extraneous

John

Andy Snapper

Aug 8, 2021, 1:24:36 PM8/8/21
to Brennan Forum
Well, this afternoon I surprised myself with what I did achieve. I got the cassette player next to the B2 and played an old cassette of a program from 1978 I have been treasuring and was able to hear it playing back from the B2. Progress. Having told a friend I would share it with him, I left it too long before preparing my CD as the .wav file had now been converted to flac and Windows Media Player did not want to know.
So I am going to do another recording and hopefully catch it as a .wav file so I can make a CD in Windows Media Player.
Of course other CD writing programs are available but I am always wary of the other 'hidden' benefits they might bring!

Thanks John for your comment. Can Audacity convert from FLAC to wav?

Andy

Daniel Taylor

Aug 8, 2021, 1:31:27 PM8/8/21
to Brennan Forum
Audacity can load a WAV file and then save it as a FLAC file.   It's not as quick and efficient as the converter program that comes with dBpoweramp.  Or maybe there's a way to set it up to do a whole folder of songs that I haven't learned about yet.

Audacity is audacious in that it can do so many things, and well.  I kicked myself for waiting so many years to try it.  It can do way more than I've needed so far, but I continue to learn more about it.

Daniel Taylor

Aug 8, 2021, 1:32:34 PM8/8/21
to Brennan Forum
Oops.  You wanted to know if Audacity can convert from FLAC to WAV.  Yes, it can do that too.