Newbie: Empty rips

John Richardson

Nov 9, 2020, 5:39:19 AM11/9/20
to Brennan Forum
After ripping a stack of favourite CDs I found that all I had acquired was the meta data - artist, album and title. There was no data under the track names. Ripping the same discs via a laptop DVD drive has worked fine - although it took me a while to appreciate that the bulk upload did require me to point at a folder with the artist name containing the album  rather than the just the album name (not obvious). So what was I doing wrong when trying to rip direct from the B2?

PMB

Nov 10, 2020, 4:10:02 AM11/10/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi John,

Not heard of this one before. Were you looking on the B2 or the web UI? Did you try playing any of the Tracks listed?

When ripping on the B2 did a disc take few minutes to rip and did the display show the progress?

If you check the 'Stats' - press INFO on the remote or click the COG icon at the top of the web UI page - is the fugure for number of Artists, Albums and Tracks look about right for the uploads or is there more than expected?

Paul
Brennan Support.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2020, 7:50:02 PM11/12/20
to Brennan Forum
I would also suggest that you run the "Scan Disk" (from the "Settings" menu) using the front panel.

and see if that makes a change.