Red and Green Lights Continually flashing.

a.cra...@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2022, 4:04:42 AM3/11/22
to Brennan Forum
I turned my B2 offf overnight and when I turned it back on the red and green lights were continually flashing. The troubleshooting guide says in means the Raspberry Pi hasn't started and to turn in off remove and replace the SD card and turn it back on. I did this and they are still flashing.

PMB

Mar 11, 2022, 4:42:04 AM3/11/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi a.cra...,

Please email us on -  thebrennanb2  @  gmail  .  com  - no spaces, with your postal address and requesting a replacement SD Card.

When you power the B2 off we recommend doing the following -

With the B2 paused and displaying the clock, press and hold the Play/Stop button until 'saving' is displayed, before releasing the button. Wait for the clock to reappear before powering off. This ensures the B2 has finished any tasks and is idle when power is removed.

Paul
Brennan Support.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2022, 4:43:11 AM3/11/22
to Brennan Forum
Then your SD Card has failed OR the software on it has become corrupted.
Either way your EASIEST way forward is to order a new SD Card from Brennan.
This comes with the software on and costs about £10.00, all you have to do is make sure that you order the correct size which the Micro SD for all machines except those older versions where the card sticks out of the right hand side (so when you removed and replaced the card, if you had to take the back off to do this then you need a Micro SD size).

NOTE, if you are IT competent, and have an SD Card reader on your computer, it is also possible to "re-flash" the existing SD Card (provided the problem is not hardware related) with a new version of the software. Instructions for doing this are on the Brennan web site here.

Fred

a.cra...@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2022, 7:02:10 AM3/11/22
to Brennan Forum
My B2 was not responding to anything and the lights were still fashing. However, I think I have solved the problem  by following Fred's instructions I found on the this forum and created a new SD card which is now working - touch wood!!!

fred.w....@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2022, 7:22:59 AM3/11/22
to Brennan Forum
Well done!

Paul's advice on how to power off is important.
Also in the good advice set is:
1) do not ask the Brennan to do two things at once - ie if you are ripping do not listen to music at the same time, if you are editing do not play music at the same time.
2) if you have made any changes to the B2's data (music) then run a "Scan Disk" before closing the B2.
3) rip about 20 CDs at a time then leave the B2 to compress overnight.
4) after ripping about 60 CDs, wait for the compression to finish then do a backup ("Export to USB A or C", NOTE this is incremental in operation).
5) before dealing with Playlists make sure you have done a "Scan Disk" first.

Fred