BB1 - Headphones and USB DAC

Gordon Risius

Feb 23, 2021, 1:31:49 PM2/23/21
to Brennan Forum
My BB1 drives headphones through a USB Sabrent DAC, but without cutting out the BB1's loudspeakers, as I had expected would happen automatically.  Before I purchase a more expensive USB DAC to drive my amplifier, I would prefer to ensure that the BB1's loudspeakers will be cut out.  Is there a way of doing this?  I have done a web upgrade, but my latest USB upgrade has failed. Thank you.  Gordon Risius

PMB

Feb 24, 2021, 3:43:16 AM2/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Gordon,

Do you select 'Turn on Headphones Out' from the Main menu?

Paul
Brennan Support.

Daniel Taylor

Feb 24, 2021, 7:16:51 AM2/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Paul,
When this quesion was first posted, I thought about that, but when I look on the BB1 menu page on the website, I don't see anything for that.  Could that be added to the BB1 menu page?

PMB

Feb 24, 2021, 3:49:09 PM2/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Daniel,

Thanks, I'll get it sorted.

Paul
Brennan Support.

PMB

Feb 24, 2021, 3:54:34 PM2/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Gordon,

When you are in the Main menu, scroll down the screen, past the last item and you should see the 'Turn on Headphones Out' option.

Did you load the DAC Driver via the Maintenance menu - only do this once?

Paul
Brennan Support.