Hidden WiFi

Emily Purser

Nov 24, 2021, 6:43:45 AM11/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi I recently bought a Brennan B1 for my bed bound mother to have in her care home.  The staff use the preset buttons and I have downloaded a whole load of her favourite music.  She loves it.  The problem is that I cannot connect to the wifi because there is a hidden SSID and just using the controls on the B1 I can find no way to enter it???   Please can anyone help me?  I am very un-techy .  Emily

Rearwing

Nov 24, 2021, 6:46:29 AM11/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Emily, this sounds like an IT issue for the facility where your Mother is resident. Hopefully you can contact them and ask for their support in connecting the BB1.

JFBUK

Nov 24, 2021, 7:02:07 AM11/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Emily,

as Rearwing says you will need the care home to provide the SSID name, associated password, and their permission to connect.
I know a B2 can connect to a hidden Wi-Fi network so assume a BB1 can as well.
I am sure they will help you get it set up if they allow it.
From the menu

>SETTINGS>MAINTENANCE>Hidden WIFI

Screenshot 2021-11-24 115919.jpg
John

JFBUK

Nov 24, 2021, 9:09:03 AM11/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Emily replied to me via email

Hi!  Thank you .  The care home give me the codes no problem.  The issue was finding a way on the B1 to connect. I have brought the device home and have found “Hidden SSID” on the Maintenance section as you describe.  I swear it was not there before…but will try again tomorrow!

fred.w....@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2021, 10:24:22 AM11/24/21
to Brennan Forum
You will of cause have to enter then name you have been given for the "hidden SSID" first, then the passwords for it as the second step. It does not just connect to a "hidden" SSID!.
Fred