YouTube and HDD read only problem

Gary B

Nov 3, 2021, 11:01:34 AM11/3/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Guys,

I’m trying to play and save music from YouTube, which I’ve done before without any issues, using either my iPad or Mac to manage the process. However, I’m experiencing the following problems now:

1. If a song from YouTube does play (but see below) it doesn’t get a green tick so I guess it’s not saving, meaning I can’t add it to a play list.

2. Songs either begin to play, and the sound stops after a couple of seconds, or I get no sound at all, although the song still shows as the source on the UI and scrolls on the Brennan.

Oh, having written all of the above, my Brennan is now saying “WARNING: HDD read only!”, which sounds a bit serious.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Gary

PMB

Nov 4, 2021, 4:40:26 AM11/4/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Gary B,

Have you still got 'Enable YouTube Cache' still selected - the option is accessible via the web UI?

Is your HDD getting full - check the Stats by pressing INFO on the remote or clicking the Cog wheel on the web UI?

HDD Read Only is a mode the B2 enters when it encounters a problem, usually a corrupted file (Might be one of the dodgy YouTube tracks you mentioned) and makes the HDD read only to protect your music. You will be unable to edit or add music while the B2 is in this mode.

Usually powering off, waiting 30s or so and powering on again clears the mode - you may have to repeat. If it cannot be cleared that way, you will have to format the HDD (erase everything off it) and load your backup. This won't however recover any saved YouTubes.

You will able able to make a backup or update an existing one with the B2 in Read Only mode.

Paul
Brennan Support.