Sonos disappeared on UI after ethernet connection

David Prince

Apr 26, 2022, 11:42:27 AM4/26/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi, I have been having problems getting my Brennan B2 to connect wirelessly to my Sonos system. After many hours of support from Sonos the conclusion was that the wireless connection was not stable.

I have therefore connected the B2 to my router via ethernet cable. I rebooted the router and the B2.

The UI can see the connection and has given me an IP address and it matches that on the B2 display. However, the web UI does not display the option to scan for Sonos (like it did for the WIFI connection). I have tried the Scan for Sonos option on the B2 but that doesn't work either.

One of my Sonos speakers is connected via ethernet too.

I have looked on my router and the B2 is there as are my Sonos speakers.

Anyone any experience on why I can't connect through ethernet please?

Thanks

NB: I have also inserted a new SD card and that worked fine. I have updated the software too and that worked through the cable.

JFBUK

Apr 26, 2022, 2:11:13 PM4/26/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi,
There is a now a new forum for Brennan users

It is best if you register and re-post your query there as this forum is no longer being actively monitored by Brennan support.

John

Fred Waltman

Apr 27, 2022, 4:02:23 PM4/27/22
to Brennan Forum

Just a data point -- my B2 is connected with an ethernet cable, as are some of my Sonos. The B2 web page shows all the Sonos speakers (wired and WiFi) so it does work;

Not sure what to tell you to fix it. Currently, I don't have any wired speakers connected to the B2 but I did before so I don't think that is the issue.

LA Fred

fred.w....@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2022, 4:05:45 PM4/27/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi, for the B2 to "see" the Sonos, the Sonos needs to be on the same network/router as the B2. This means the first 3 sets of the IP addresses have to match.
Frec

PMB

Apr 28, 2022, 3:46:36 AM4/28/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi prin...,

Try 'clearing browsing data' for the browser (Chrome, Edge, etc), open a new browser page and enter the IP from the B2, manually.

For Chrome and Edge select 'cached images and files'

For Safari select 'Delete History and website data'.

Paul
Brennan Support.