Artists Names of ripped cds

gary taylor

Jun 3, 2021, 10:09:33 PM6/3/21
to Brennan Forum

 I downloaded the get my db in the maintenance menu thinking it would upgrade the artist list so more cds I rip would get recognized, but now when I rip a cd, really weird names come up for the cd. Any ideas? Can I get back to the origional list? It said rezippering before rebooting?  Thanks for any help.  Gary

PMB

Jun 4, 2021, 2:13:17 AM6/4/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Gary,

Often more than one title will be found for a CD and the first one displayed may not be the correct one. If you are seeing the wrong title try turning the front control on the B2 to see if any other are listed - or click on other titles shown on the web UI.

CDDB lookup uses info such as number of tracks, length of the tracks, total playing time, etc to identify a CD and can get it wrong sometimes.

I don't think there is a way to remove 'mydb' but some of the more knowledgeable owners on the Forum might know where to find it and how to delete/update it.

Paul
Brennan Support.

gary taylor

Jun 4, 2021, 10:38:55 PM6/4/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Paul, Ill try turning the knob. What happens when you export mydb via usb c to an external hard drive or memory stick? I see this is an option.  Thanks   Gary

PMB

Jun 7, 2021, 11:26:32 AM6/7/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Gary,

I think the option you are referring to is 'b2db to USB C' - this copies the 'b2db' database generated by the B2 when you run Scan Disk which lists all of your Artist, Albums and Tracks. The B2 uses this database to locate and play your music.

Paul
Brennan Support.