Problems with web UI

mark...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2021, 3:10:47 PM10/15/21
to Brennan Forum
Today I received the 5 CD Deluxe Edition of The Beatles Let It Be.
Unfortunately on ripping the dics were not recognised so I had to rip them as Unlnown.
I let the B2 fully compress to FLAC and went to the web UI to relable but the UI keeps freezing up and I have to keep putting the B2 of and on to get it to recognise the PC again.
it reached a point where the unknown album were in Unknown but no tracks were appearing these, I ran scan disc and got them back.
But I cannot get the web UI to repond it will make one change sy album title then freezes up again, and I am getting nowhere fasr )or slow in this case).
Have not had the issue this bad before, my signal is strong and steady and I have remved the dongle fronm the bacl of the b2 and put it back but the same issue persists.
I am goung to leave these five cd as unknown unless I can get a suggest form you good folk.
On another note I would have thought a group as famous as The BEatles would be recognised by the B2?
Thanks for your help!

fred.w....@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2021, 3:47:30 PM10/15/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mark,

Despite your assertion that your Wifi signal is strong, your symptoms are typical of this not being the case. Remember the B2 is acting as a server on your house LAN if the LAN (and its Wifi) are vital to the successful working of the system and beyond the direct ontrol of the B2.
Try connecting the B2 with an Ethernet cable.

Fred

Mark Fishman

Oct 15, 2021, 5:01:51 PM10/15/21
to Brennan Forum
Not at all surprised that the brand-new recently released remixed anniversary edition of an old album doesn't match any entries already in the online databases. Wait six months and try again and I can almost guarantee the new release will be recognized.

As to why your Web UI is having trouble staying connected to your B2, no idea. Have you tried using a NAS connection, renaming the files in Explorer and then running Scan Disk?

Daniel Taylor

Oct 15, 2021, 5:17:02 PM10/15/21
to Brennan Forum
I agree with Fred that your problem with the WebUI could easily be weak or sporadic WiFi signal strength.  Here is the standard advice for that:

Check your WiFi signal strength using Settings > Maintenance > WiFi Strength.  (I got that from the Brennan website on the Menu page.)
Your signal strength should be better than -50 (-40 being better, -60 being worse) and not fluctuate wildly.
To improve your signal strength, try the following:
Move your B2 closer to your router.
Switch the WiFi dongle to USB C.
Move your WiFi dongle to the end of a USB extension cable.
You can buy a new WiFi dongle that has an antenna.  Look for one that has the RT5370 chipset.

Mark Ransome

Oct 16, 2021, 3:00:12 AM10/16/21
to Brennan Forum
thank you all for your help it is much appreciated!

i decided to delete the 5 unknown cds, and when I ripped them again (believe it or not) they were recognised this time round? Very pleased that it has, as I was surprised that it did not recognise the Beatles new release.

I take Marks point above about brand new releases but have not always found that so! For instance when I bought the deluxe edition of Plastic Ono Band all the discs were recognised on the release day, the same with Steely Dan live released in September.

Thanks again for your help, this has been the only time I have had problems renaming cd's via the ui, and I now have over 11k tracks on the b2. Thanks again..