Bought a BB1 and a Hitachi portable dvd/cd unit. . the kick

Peter Simpson

Nov 23, 2021, 8:26:07 PM11/23/21
to Brennan Forum
  • Worked fine at first but after recording about 40 albums the hitachi would eject the discs as soon as I pushed down on the knob to initiate recording. I tried an alternate model with the identical eject of any disk.  Is it possible the sim card is corrupted and causing the problem?
  • What might best way to fix what appears to be BB1 problem?

fred.w....@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2021, 6:07:47 AM11/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Obvious first question! How full is the BB1 with music already?

Fred.

Rearwing

Nov 24, 2021, 6:37:56 AM11/24/21
to Brennan Forum
  • What might best way to fix what appears to be BB1 problem?
An interesting opening post, what makes you think it is a BB1 problem? What size storage does it have? Have you increased the size of the microSD card? What format are your rips in? Any other issues, i.e. has it connected to your wifi successfully? Have you updated the software? Are you using the web UI?

Give us a little more and we might be able to offer a range of solutions.

Daniel Taylor

Nov 24, 2021, 7:01:40 AM11/24/21
to Brennan Forum
The questions of SD card size and how much music is on it are right on the money.  The basic 16GB SD card can only hold around 500 tracks as WAV files before compression.  And if the card is full, compression will be inhibited, as that takes some temporary additional space.  Please check your stats and tell us the size of the SD card and how much space has been used and is still available.

Richard Sinclair

Nov 25, 2021, 8:34:53 PM11/25/21
to Brennan Forum
The real problem is that the BB1 gives no warning or error message, you only find out that your card is full when your CD player rejects a disk, and naturally you blame either the CD or the player! Next run the compression routine to discover that this can take 24 hours to run.......
Then start loading your next 40 cd's!
But don't get put off, it's a brilliant piece of kit!

PMB

Nov 30, 2021, 6:37:57 AM11/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi psboat...,

Are you still having problems with the BB1 or did running compression help?

Paul
Brennan Support

Daniel Taylor

Nov 30, 2021, 6:44:50 AM11/30/21
to Brennan Forum
On 26 Nov, this message came to my private email.

"The Brennan.co.uk website says my 32GB should be able to store 500 albums.  40 is no where near close.  This is why I am asking if I possibly created corruption?  To continue on I should have ripped to 128 MP3 for 10,000 tracks.  With WAV should be 1000 tracks.  40 albums X 10 tracks is still only (approximately)  400 using WAV.  I ordered a 32GB.  If a 16 GB was sent would also explain my problem.
I have to check before I repost any question.  Thanks for help."

fred.w....@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2021, 7:46:12 AM11/30/21
to Brennan Forum
The website is talking about MP3 formatted music. Ripping from a CD does so into WAV format which is not compressed. You should try deleting a couple of albums to give some room, then set the BB1 to compress the music to MP3 once this is finished you will then have the space to rip a few more CDs (and allow them to compress). Following this practice you will be able to load the BB1 to its advertised MP3 capacity.

Fred

PMB

Nov 30, 2021, 9:28:36 AM11/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi psboat,

Use the top control to go to Settings & Tools >> Stats - this will display number of Tracks, number of WAVs (these are uncompressed files), FLAC and MP3s and Used figures. Please post all of these.

Paul
Brennan Support.