Why is my Brennan ripping to a wav file?

Greg Bouten

Jul 26, 2019, 3:20:29 PM7/26/19
to Brennan Forum
After a few days of ripping I decided to do a backup and noticed that a good portion of my file are in .wav format instead of wav. In the settings I have it set for flac, in fact, there is no wav setting. My earlier rips were all FLAC but for some reason most of what I did today are .wav.

Confused look
Greg

Dennis Lefebvre

Jul 26, 2019, 3:37:24 PM7/26/19
to Brennan Forum
This is normal. The B2 always rips to.WAV. Leter, when the machine isn't doing anything else it will put itself in Standby mode and Compress the files to the format you have selected. You can force it to do this with the Compress Now command.

Daniel Taylor

Jul 27, 2019, 9:23:55 AM7/27/19
to Brennan Forum
A lot of people leave their unit on overnight so it can do the compressing of all files ripped during the day.

PMB

Jul 29, 2019, 5:01:30 AM7/29/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Greg,

Have a look at the 'How To's' section (under Questions) on the website for more explanation.

Paul
Brennan Support.