YouTube connection to a BB1 not working

Gareth Thomas

Dec 30, 2021, 5:54:56 AM12/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Recently unwrapped my Christmas gift to discover a Brennan BB1. I’ve been experimenting with the features and been successful in using it as a Bluetooth speaker, assigning radio stations to the preset buttons and importing music via my iTunes account. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem able to be able to power my Mac USB SuperDrive which is disappointing so I can’t directly download my CD collection. However, I have had no joy at all at importing YouTube music clips, which is the main reason it was purchased, even though I have tried both my YouTube UserID and my Channel ID. Has anyone any suggestions?

JFBUK

Dec 30, 2021, 6:52:56 AM12/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi,

Apple peripherals typically only work with other Apple devices.

This thread may be of interest

I don't own a BB1 but on a B2 you need to enable the Youtube cache in the web UI in order for YouTube videos to be downloaded from the YoyTube website.

John

Screenshot 2021-12-30 115058.jpg

Gareth Thomas

Dec 30, 2021, 7:30:09 AM12/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks John. The YouTube cache was in fact enabled and I updated the software as well but alas still no joy. Any other options?

Rearwing

Dec 30, 2021, 7:34:35 AM12/30/21
to Brennan Forum

Hi, what size is your SD card? Could you have filled the available space with music tracks?

fred.w....@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2021, 8:47:17 AM12/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Is it that you cant play a YouTube at all or that you just cant save them?
Fred

Gareth Thomas

Dec 30, 2021, 9:13:54 AM12/30/21
to Brennan Forum
I have a 32Gb card and have only used 0.95Gb, so I don’t think that’s the issue here.

Gareth Thomas

Dec 30, 2021, 9:19:58 AM12/30/21
to Brennan Forum
I can’t manage to play anything at all.  Once I enter my YouTube ID in, the History and Search results briefly show the circulating time icon but nothing appears in either window!
Gareth

JFBUK

Dec 30, 2021, 9:40:37 AM12/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Gareth,

your issues do look familiar. I don't know whether you have seen this thread

I don't think we ever got to the bottom of Shawn's problem.

John

Rearwing

Dec 30, 2021, 10:49:51 AM12/30/21
to Brennan Forum
What happens if you don’t enter your You Tube I’D?What happens if you just search for “The Beatles” for example?

PMB

Dec 31, 2021, 3:54:54 AM12/31/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi grt.c...,

On the web UI click the YouTube tab and enter a search clue such as 'Get it on' and click the spyglass. Click on one of the results and it should play after a few seconds.

If this doesn't happen, close the web UI page and go to Settings for the browser. Clear browser data - select 'cached images and files' for Chrome, etc and 'Delete History and website date' for Safari. Open a new browser page and enter the IP manually, rather than using a bookmark. Try YouTube again.

Paul
Brennan Support.