BB1 add your own channel and clock question

Andras N

Mar 10, 2021, 3:28:05 AM3/10/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi,

I'm a newbie recently got my BB1 and it's a great little thing to have. I have couple of questions which I couldn't figure out:

First and most important: how can I add my own radio channels? I can only choose those from the vTuner but I have a couple which is not there or premium channels. How can I add the URLs to those streams?

Second: how can I hide the seconds and only display hour/minutes when the clock is being displayed on the unit?

Third: I see there is a background which is changing when the clock is being displayed. Is it possible to set what the background is? or stop changing?

Thanks,
Andrew

PMB

Mar 10, 2021, 3:55:14 AM3/10/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Andrew,

Sorry it is only possible to listen to stations listed on vTuner.

Currently there is no option to change the clock display.

The background is a slide show of saved Album artworks.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Daniel Taylor

Mar 10, 2021, 6:34:51 AM3/10/21
to Brennan Forum
I too would like to remove the seconds from the display.  If the seconds were not changing, then maybe the ticking would stop sounding from the headphone/DAC output.

Andras N

Mar 10, 2021, 8:14:12 AM3/10/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul,

Wow you mean currently its not possible to add stations which are not found under vTuner? This would be a deal breaker for me then :( Is it possible to manually add the stations directly to the config files or something at least?

I really need a workaround for this.

Thanks

Daniel Taylor

Mar 10, 2021, 10:00:14 AM3/10/21
to Brennan Forum
From what I've read here, if you submit to vTuner the stations you want, they might add them.  Could be worth a try.

Andras N

Mar 10, 2021, 1:16:00 PM3/10/21
to Brennan Forum
The problem is that these are premium streams with high quality accessible with my own username/password or specific listening keys so I just can't give them out to public :( I already reached out to vTuner as well but I guess they won't have a way to add these accessible only for me

Daniel Taylor

Mar 10, 2021, 1:58:04 PM3/10/21
to Brennan Forum
If you want to listen to a station that requires login information, that cannot be done with the Brennan units.  Best you could do would be to login with your phone (or other) and send it to the B2 on Bluetooth.

Andras N

Mar 10, 2021, 5:02:35 PM3/10/21
to Brennan Forum

It should be possible to add stream URLs. I can add it without any username/password that's not a problem just need to see a way how to add my own radio channels

Andras N

Mar 10, 2021, 5:10:17 PM3/10/21
to Brennan Forum
okay it seems I'm making some progress. It is possible to register for an account at vtuner dedicated to Brennan devices:

however it's asking for an access code which I don't know where to find :(

Andras N

Mar 10, 2021, 5:23:23 PM3/10/21
to Brennan Forum
Looks like it suppose to be the MAC address of the device but I'm getting redirected back to the register page after filling out the form without any error/confirmation :(

Andras N

Mar 13, 2021, 2:31:01 AM3/13/21
to Brennan Forum
so any luck here? Paul?

Andras N

Mar 13, 2021, 3:01:55 AM3/13/21
to Brennan Forum
After SSH-ing to the radio I found the preset channel lists under /media/sd3/ in b2settings file however manually I can't adjust the file as my changes is lost after a restart of the radio. How can I make the changes permanent in that file?

Peter Lowham

Mar 13, 2021, 7:31:19 AM3/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi andre...

The BB1 appears to take a 'shadow copy' of the 'b2settings' file during the boot up sequence and holds it in memory.  What is happening here is the after you have made the changes to the 'b2settings' file and you then power the BB1 down, the 'shadow copy' is written back to the /media/sd3/b2settings file.  Thus your changes are lost.

The method that I use is to open the BB1 up, and remove the microSD card.  I plug this into a PC, then locate the 'b2settings' file on the microSD card and make the necessary changes to the 'b2settings' file with Notepad++ (don't use Wordpad or Notepad as these can add spurious end of line characters which will cause problems).

Then plug the microSD card back into the BB1 and power it up.  This reads your updated 'b2settings' file into memory and you will find that your changes are preserved.

Regards,
Peter.

Andras N

Mar 13, 2021, 8:32:37 AM3/13/21
to Brennan Forum

YES! Fantastic! You are right and the channels remains even after a power off/up so wonderful, thank you Peter!

Peter Lowham

Mar 13, 2021, 9:27:18 AM3/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi andre...,