Saving name changes

Barry Spokes

Oct 4, 2021, 6:14:54 AM10/4/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi folks;

Recently I found that a set of 3 cds had lost the track names (Marbella Collection 2017) for each cd and I tried to re-name them, only to find that despite saving them, when going back again later, they had all gone again.

I tried deleting them and starting again. No name was found on putting them into the B2 (though 2 wrong titles were suggested) so I had 764, 765 & 766 to re-name and work on.

I have the same problem with these and also I couldn't find any artwork, though I had found that when I originally added these cds.

I have tried a restart of the B2 and also re-booted my router and this hasn't achieved anything. No problems with any other function and I can control everything quite happily from my laptop.

My software is up to date as of yesterday.

Has anybody any experience of this and can offer any suggestions please?

Thanks, Barry

Daniel Taylor

Oct 4, 2021, 6:26:19 AM10/4/21
to Brennan Forum
I would do the renaming via NAS.  Set the B2 up as a NAS drive and you can manage the files as you would on any other externally connected hard disk.  After making the changes, you must run the Scan Disk command.

JFBUK

Oct 4, 2021, 6:41:29 AM10/4/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Barry,

To add to what Daniel suggests, if you have a computer then you may find it easier to rip on the computer and then upload to the B2 for these CDs.
DbPoweramp in particular can often find CDs the B2 cannot and has a neat function where it can get CD details from Discogs (online database of music) via a website URL.

John

Barry Spokes

Oct 4, 2021, 9:09:20 AM10/4/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks - I'll have a go and see what I can do!

PMB

Oct 5, 2021, 4:27:13 AM10/5/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Barry,

It's not usual for the B2 to loose Track names unless there was something strange about the titles, such as disallowed characters. Were the titles particularly long - there is a 170 character limit for any Artist, Album and.or Track name?

Did you have the B2 playing while renaming - evidence shows the B2 doesn't like doing two tasks at the same time?

Paul
Brennan Support.