controling album play or shuffle with ap or web ul

Richard Bermack

Dec 27, 2021, 3:58:53 PM12/27/21
to Brennan Forum
I there a way to control if it plays album, song or random with the remote app or web url

I've seem the listing for the menu button on the unit, but none seem to be very reliable, also it seems like the ios app is unreliable, is it best to avoid it and just use web url?

Thanks
Richard

Daniel Taylor

Dec 27, 2021, 4:12:05 PM12/27/21
to Brennan Forum
I use the WebUI.  In the center column, you can sort by either Artist or Album, and either in alphabetical order or in the order loaded onto the unit.  When you select an Artist, the albums for that artist are displayed in the upper right portion of the screen.  When you selec an album, the tracks for that album are displayed on the lower right portion.  There is a play arrow by each artist, album, and track name.

Random is enabled by clicking on the icon that looks like two entwined arrows.  When the icon is lit, random is enabled.  Random works for the entire catalog or within a specific playlist.  Currently, random play within an artist or album is not a feature, although it is on the wish list.

PMB

Dec 28, 2021, 5:26:30 AM12/28/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Richard,

Random (shuffle) works within an Album or for all Tracks. After powering on if you press NEXT, the B2 will starting playing a randomised track and random mode is turned on. The Random setting is not retained after a power off.

I always use the web UI mainly because I use my laptop and like the larger layout, rather than seeing one section at a time on the app.

Paul
Brennan Support.