B2- Can I add custom presets for web radio ?

Lancest

Feb 13, 2022, 7:58:42 AM2/13/22
to Brennan Forum
The list of radio streams with nasty ads is growing. I'd just plug in my own URL's.

JFBUK

Feb 13, 2022, 9:11:48 AM2/13/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi,

you are limited to 10 presets which you can assign to whichever radio stations you want from the list in vTuner.

If you search for "podcast" in the search pane of the Web UI you will get  new dialogue window where you can type in the specific working URL of an audio stream (including those not in the vTuner list)

John

Jeff. M.

Feb 13, 2022, 10:23:53 AM2/13/22
to Brennan Forum
Unfortunately you cannot add a stream to a preset, when i was using streams, I had to search for them every time i wanted to play them! Not ideal!
I have been using Volumio on a raspberry pi player for several weeks now, I can save my streams now, I even have one as an alarm every morning. So, I haven't actually used my B2 now for about 6 weeks! Not sure if I will again to be honest.

Mark Fishman

Feb 13, 2022, 3:50:31 PM2/13/22
to Brennan Forum
"nasty ads"? I hope you don't mean "nasty" as in sexual innuendo.
Maybe I'm insulated from this growing annoyance because I listen mostly to classical or news stations, and those have only the same ads they'd have if I were listening over the air.

PMB

Feb 14, 2022, 5:06:29 AM2/14/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jeff.M...,

I have 'enter a station URL' and 'save to presets' (and more presets) on the Wishlist.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Jeff. M.

Feb 14, 2022, 5:15:10 AM2/14/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Paul.

Jeff. M.

Feb 14, 2022, 5:26:06 AM2/14/22
to Brennan Forum
Ah, meant to ask, will this show track info and art in the web UI, ?

Jeff. M.

Feb 14, 2022, 5:30:59 AM2/14/22
to Brennan Forum
Screenshot (1).png

This is what I get with Volumio, and it is a FLAC stream!

Mark Fishman

Feb 14, 2022, 5:41:27 AM2/14/22
to Brennan Forum
Jeff:
 (a) this is a conversation about web radio. Is your picture showing a web-radio stream? It doesn't look like it so it is irrelevant.
 (b) We have already gathered that you think Volumio fits your particular needs better than the Brennan B2 did. Do you really think that it helps the Brennan users who have questions about a B2 or BB1 when you don't really answer their questions but instead just push a completely different hardware/software approach?

You've made your point: you prefer something else.

Jeff. M.

Feb 14, 2022, 7:56:08 AM2/14/22
to Brennan Forum
Mark, it is a web radio stream! as Paul has said they may be in the offing for the B2, I am enqiring as to whether they could also show info, as other systems do! I still have my B2, and offer help on here if I can!

Mark Fishman

Feb 14, 2022, 8:10:52 AM2/14/22
to Brennan Forum
A FLAC web-radio stream? Wow. The best I've found so far is 320kbps AAC. What's the station/URL? I'd like to try it.
I couldn't tell from the picture that it was a web stream. I imagine that whether you get album or track related art depends on whether the station properly populates the metadata in the stream. Some stations don't seem to bother: for example, in the classical world, WQXR (New York) makes a good effort to keep track titles in sync but WCRB (Boston) doesn't always do that.

Thank you.

Jeff. M.

Feb 14, 2022, 8:12:55 AM2/14/22
to Brennan Forum
Screenshot (2).png
This is a screenshot of the exact same stream playing on my B2! just says Podcast playing! As i listen to web radio mainly, to have track and artist info would be a game changer for me, At the moment something other than my B2 is giving me that. I really want the B2 to do this!

Jeff. M.

Feb 14, 2022, 9:00:47 AM2/14/22
to Brennan Forum
Mark, it is from Radio Paradise! You can look on their site for all their streams, but this is the FLAC stream

They have other "stations" as well, this is the main one!
I have it playing from my B2 just now, and while it sounds great, nearly everything i hear is new to me, so I want to know who it is, with the Volumio, I just look at the UI and all info is on there!
If playing on B2, which I have to search podcast, then copy paste the stream, press play twice.....and look on the station website for info! bit of a faff really as you can see.
Another great station is JB Radio 2      This is only 320 AAC, but still sounds great.

Mark Fishman

Feb 14, 2022, 10:02:55 AM2/14/22
to Brennan Forum
Have you tried the stream that they say has metadata included? http://stream.radioparadise.com/flacm
I don't know what the difference might be from what you're seeing already, but if you do the comparison please let us know.

Thanks -- m.

Jeff. M.

Feb 14, 2022, 11:03:24 AM2/14/22
to Brennan Forum
Yes Mark, They are both exactly the same, both play but zilch info! have you tried them? how do you think they sound?

PMB

Feb 15, 2022, 4:20:23 AM2/15/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mark,

Just tried the URL for Paradise Radio and it plays (2nd try) when entered as a 'Podcast'. The debug shows -  webPodcast () /b2gci.fcgi?podcast&url=https://stream.radioparadise.com/flac - so I assume it is playing the FLAC stream.

As Jeff says the B2 just displays 'Podcast' rather than the station name.

Hi Jeff,

Yes displaying info is also on the wish list.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Lancest

Feb 16, 2022, 8:13:49 AM2/16/22
to Brennan Forum
Very helpful! Thanks.  To me radio is a key feature of the B2.