Backup of Music

Martyn Poxon

Feb 3, 2022, 4:36:43 AM2/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi There
A newbie here, just had my Brennan B2 2Tb for just over a month now, all working super with my Sonos speakers.

I have over 15000 tacks and now want to back them up for safety. I have brand new out of the box LACIE external 1Tb hard, which I formatted to FAT32 while connected to the Brennan (USB A), When I go to export to USB A (and have tried USB C) it starts to back them up, but then the Brennan reboots.

I have watched via the de bug window, but doesn't give any indication of why.

Tried several times now and it never completes, never seems to fail at the same point either, as i checked if it was a corrupt file, also done a scan disk but returns ok.

Has anyone had this issue before.

Many Thanks
Martyn

PMB

Feb 3, 2022, 4:59:08 AM2/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Martyn,

Try running 'Scan Disk' - Settings menu - then press and hold the Play/Stop button until 'saving' is shown. Now try Export to C.

If that doesn't help the Le Cie may be requiring more power than the B2 can supply. In that case a powered USB Hub between the HDD and the B2 may help.

Paul
Brennan Support.