How close to 'full' can you get on a 500Gb B2?

peed...@gmail.com

May 23, 2022, 6:42:36 PM5/23/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi
My Brennan is saying Memory Nearly Full but how close to the 500Gb can you get? I'm trying to import 6.2Gb of flac via a usb but it doesn't want to play ball!

These are the readings I have:

Software Version B2 Mar 10 2022 10:28:42

16168 tracks in 1585 albums 710 artists

1 WAV 13463 FLAC 1961 MP3 743 AAC

Capacity 500.00G Used 486.84Gb

USB 0 tracks in 0 albums 0 artists

Tracks 16168/170000

Albums 1585/15000

Artists 710/6000

Tracks Memory 487122/7000000

Albums Memory 38994/900000

Artists Memory 12694/200000

I should have about 13Gb to play with and I only want to import the 6.2Gb. Am I scuppered?

Cheers!

Nigel Tupman

john.h...@gmail.com

May 24, 2022, 4:42:34 AM5/24/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Nigel

I think the disc needs some space for other tasks so may be full

Please post on the new forum as this one is archived now

Where Brennan and others will advise further

John

Peter Lowham

May 24, 2022, 2:08:09 PM5/24/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Nigel,

As John has suggested you should move this issue over to the new forum.  But due to the urgency of the situation I will give you some information that will hopefully prevent your music collection from becoming corrupted.

The first detail you need to know is that the term 'GB' is used very loosely by difference technology companies.  In this case, the '500GB' HDD is really 488GB in this context, so at 486.84GB used, the B2 HDD is already full.  If you attempt to load more data at this stage you run the risk of corrupting the music collection, so please don't try to load any more data or rip any more CDs.

I would strongly advise you to run a full 'Export' as soon as possible if you haven't already done this.  This will secure your music collection before sometime bad occurs.

Peter.