B2 software

Wilson Wu

Dec 30, 2021, 12:03:26 PM12/30/21
to Brennan Forum
the main reason I purchased the B2 was to be able to create my own playlists and hear my music playback in the order I choose at the highest quality possible.

Currently, this is not something the B2 can do with it's software...I have had the product for over 6 months now and have tried every fix.  the software DOES NOT ALLOW ONE TO CREATE CONTINUOUS PLAYLISTS that playback.  Period.

This SIMPLE feature defeats the purpose of having the machine...it is now a "CD player" that you can store your CDs on, but only play the stored files ONE SONG AT A TIME.

I'm not a techie...just an ordinary music lover that spent $$ on a good idea that so far doesn't work because the software doesn't work.

FIX THE SOFTWARE MARTIN.

JFBUK

Dec 30, 2021, 12:07:33 PM12/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi,

can you explain what you mean by

" DOES NOT ALLOW ONE TO CREATE CONTINUOUS PLAYLISTS"

The B2 does allow you to create your own playlists so what is the functionality you are missing ?

John

Daniel Taylor

Dec 30, 2021, 12:31:52 PM12/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Are you not able to add songs to one of the pre-existing color playlists?  Or, having created a playlist, you can't get it to play at all?  Or does it play, but not in the order you want?  If that last is the case, maybe Random mode is selected - the button with the two entwined arrows is lit.  Click that button (in the WebUI) to toggle on/off Random mode.

Speaking of the WebUI, is that how you are trying to manage playlists?

If you will provide more information, we will try to help.

Peter Lowham

Dec 30, 2021, 1:23:33 PM12/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Guys,

I think that what wuc... is asking for is a capability to queue music tracks on the fly, where while one track is playing you can select further tracks and those will be stacked until the current track has finished playing.

I put in a request for this functionality a while ago because is is great for parties where different people want to select their favourites at will but without interrupting the track that is currently playing.

I use my B2s for playing music for everything except parties for this reason.  For party times, I use 'a laptop running 'Musicmatch' which does have this stacking capability.  The B2 is still the source of the music but the laptop uses 'Musicmatch' in NAS mode.

Regards,
Peter.

Mike W

Dec 30, 2021, 1:42:05 PM12/30/21
to Brennan Forum
I bought my B2 4 years ago and it does exactly what I want it for and with the functionality improvements incorporated over the years, thanks Martin ....

Mark Fishman

Dec 30, 2021, 4:08:55 PM12/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Peter, I understand what you are describing, but I definitely would NOT say that lacking that feature is the reason you must "only play the stored files ONE SONG AT A TIME."

When I play more than one song at a time my ears get very confused...

PMB

Dec 31, 2021, 4:20:20 AM12/31/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi wuc...,

Please describe what happens when you try to play one of your Playlists - does it only play the first track you select, etc.

Try running Scan Disk - Settings menu

Paul
Brennan Support.