Backing up to usb

lyn williams

Apr 13, 2022, 5:14:03 AM4/13/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi ,i am loving my Brennan but i am wanting to save the content to usb ,i so far only have about 180mg filled so i am thinking a 500mg usb will suffice ,my question is are all usb suitable ,as i have looked i see most of them say usb flash drive , is this the same and suitable for the job ,sorry but i am not tech savvy at all and dont want to get the wrong thing .

fred.w....@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2022, 5:56:49 AM4/13/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Lyn,

You need a USB disk device large enough to hold your eventual music collection.
A USB stick would do BUT BUT BUT many USB stick or thumb drives on the market are FAKE. So if you go this rout purchase from a reputable shop, not Amazon or Ebay and pay top money.

Therefore it may be better to go fkr a USB HDD or SDD device.

Either way, you need to format the device using the B2 function to do this before using the device. The B2 requires disks to be FAT32 format.

Once in this format the device can be used to "Export" (backup) and "Import" (restore) your B2 music collection.

Fred

fred.w....@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2022, 8:15:34 AM4/13/22
to Brennan Forum
PS
A USB Flash Drive is the same thing as a USB thumb or stick drive - this sort of thing
a.JPG
whereas a USB HDD (spinning platter hard disk) or SSD (solid state disk) will look like this
a.JPG

Fred

PMB

Apr 14, 2022, 3:12:14 AM4/14/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Lyn,

There's also some info on our website - link - How To's pages.

Paul
Brennan Support.