Mobile GUI functionality

Martin Crawley

Sep 19, 2019, 7:06:33 AM9/19/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi there,

First post having recently acquired my B2. I'm loving it generally and once I got all my iTunes ALAC converted to FLAC and uploaded, it's all working fine. I mostly use the mobile GUI for controlling my B2 but I've noticed that several features are unavailable on it. Are there any plans to add the time played/remaining and a scrub bar that are on the main web GUI ,to the Mobile one? I find their absence quite frustrating. Pretty much my only real gripe.

Thanks.

David Tellett

Sep 19, 2019, 6:31:30 PM9/19/19
to Brennan Forum
Hello Martin,
There are in fact two mobile urls. The original browser address omits the word “mobile” I seem to remember (I’m sure you can check this on the website). The original site features the scrub bar for fast forward and rewind and the larger alternate layout.

On my phone and iPad I have both shortcuts and you can switch between them seamlessly should you wish.
Hope this helps.

David

David Tellett

Sep 20, 2019, 4:10:13 AM9/20/19
to Brennan Forum

PMB

Sep 20, 2019, 4:14:38 AM9/20/19
to Brennan Forum
HI Martin,

The Latest Software page had this for 5th February update -

Added a switch so you can have either the original or the new mobile UI at the base IP address of your B2. Go to the settings panel on either UI to select. It uses a browser cookie so if you select mobile on your phone it won't switch the view on your laptop. You can override the choice by visiting 192.168.02/mobile.html or 192.168.0.2/original.html (substitute your B2s IP address).

Paul
Brennan Support.

Martin Crawley

Sep 20, 2019, 4:33:17 AM9/20/19
to Brennan Forum
Thanks to David and Paul. Yes, the alternative GUI works - it's the main GUI formatted for a small screen I guess. Trouble is, on my phone it's not as nice to use as the Mobile GUI,

Thanks again. It's a great community.