Baby Brennan - albums not uploading whatever I try

carrm...@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2020, 8:00:30 AM12/9/20
to Brennan Forum
Really frustrated. I've been all morning trying to upload albums every which way.
I've been  through all the regular ways
  • selecting file upload -  it looks like its uploading but then can't be found anywhere on the Brennan.
  • attaching the portable CD drive into the usb at the back -  it recognises that the drive is attached, but won't let me insert the CD
I've uploaded before, why won't it work now?
By the way,  my You Tube upload is so temperamental that I've given up on it.

Daniel Taylor

Dec 9, 2020, 12:20:58 PM12/9/20
to Brennan Forum
My first thought is to ask if your SD card is full.  Of course you would know that better than I.  But eventually, it will fill up, and I don't know how, or if, it will inform you that it can't load anymore music.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2020, 12:56:18 PM12/9/20
to Brennan Forum
Re YouTube, what is your WiFi signal strength at the unit?
Fred

PMB

Dec 10, 2020, 3:44:32 AM12/10/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Carr,

Concerning YouTube - Martin released a software update to fix changes made by Google, so do a Web Upgrade - Maintenance menu.

To check if the SD Card is full - go to the Settings & Tools menu and select 'Stats'. Check the 'Capacity' and 'Used' figures.

When you attach the external CD Drive (with the BB1 powered off) do you see a CD symbol at the bottom of the display?

Paul
Brennan Support.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Dec 21, 2020, 9:03:48 PM12/21/20
to Brennan Forum
I got these replies to me personally (in my spam)

Margaret Roberts <carrm...@outlook.com>
9 Dec 2020, 18:04 (13 days ago)

Can be intermittent but I checked at the time and it was up to 30. Also I spent some time trying to do it.

What about the fact that it looked like it was uploading but just didn’t appear?
Or that the Brennan accepted the portable CD player in the USB but wouldn’t let it load a CD?

Thanks

On Wednesday, 9 December 2020 at 13:00:30 UTC carrm...@gmail.com wrote:
Really frustrated. I've been all morning trying to upload albums every which way.
I've been  through all the regular ways
  • selecting file upload -  it looks like its uploading but then can't be found anywhere on the Brennan.
  • attaching the portable CD drive into the usb at the back -  it recognises that the drive is attached, but won't let me insert the CD
I've uploaded before, why won't it work now?
By the way,  my You Tube upload is so temperamental that I've given up on it.

Margaret Roberts <carrm...@outlook.com>
Wed, 9 Dec, 13:54 (13 days ago)

The is my second email. The first one was that I am trying to simply upload music

I've been  through all the regular ways
  • selecting file upload -  it looks like its uploading but then can't be found anywhere on the Brennan.
  • attaching the portable CD drive into the usb at the back -  it recognises that the drive is attached, but won't let me insert the CD
Eventually I uploaded as below but it doesn’t play

On 9 Dec 2020, at 1:49 pm, fred.w....@gmail.> wrote:

Sorry, you need to provide more detail about what you did/are trying to do.
Fred

On Wednesday, 9 December 2020 at 13:15:35 UTC carrm...@gmail.com wrote:
I have eventually loaded an album onto the Baby Brennan, by first uploading it to my computer, which I wanted to avoid.
It shows up on the Brennan- BUT DOES NOT PLAY - either from the Brennan itself or from the control panel on my computer

fred.w....@gmail.com

Dec 21, 2020, 9:20:38 PM12/21/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Margaret,

Sorry for my delay in replying, but your email to me ended up in my Spam. To get help it is best to hold the conversation in this (Brennan) forum space. Then everyone can get together to help you.

I note that you have a Baby Brennan, (I do not have one of these so others will  be able to advise you better). However, have you looked at and tried to follow these instructions.
To load your music (sorry if you have done this, but it is always worth asking if people know about these web based instruction pages)
I am also puzzled by what you said here "it recognises that the drive is attached, but won't let me insert the CD".
Do you mean that you simply cant get the CD into the reader physically? if so then there is a issue with the CD reader.

One of the first things I think you should do (looking at the menu system in the above link) is to do a "Web Upgrade" then a "Scan Disk".

If these do not help, I think it best to leave it to other members of this Forum to advise you what to do further.

Fred