Getting B2 music onto a USB to use in the car

David Milner

May 15, 2018, 8:56:30 AM5/15/18
to Brennan Forum
My backup disk from the B2 (the B2 has 700 albums on it) only seems to have about 20 albums that can be read when connected to the car system. They are all mp3s.
How do I access the rest?

Brian R

May 15, 2018, 9:38:50 AM5/15/18
to Brennan Forum
Hi David

Are you sure your car is capable of playing flac files? Assuming of course that your B2 is set to compress to flac.
If the car is mp3 only there are a number of programs available which will convert your flac files to mp3 using a PC..
You will have to keep your back-up disc as it is for use only as a Brennan  back-up and put the mp3s on to another disc to play in the car.

Brian

PMB

May 16, 2018, 5:29:29 AM5/16/18
to Brennan Forum
Hi David,

Are you plugging the backup HDD directly into the car stereo? The 20 Album limit is probably due to the car stereo's firmware.

Paul
Brennan Support.

David Milner

May 16, 2018, 4:40:56 PM5/16/18
to Brennan Forum
A USB stick I use has 23 albums. Am experimenting further.
I know there are convertors for getting FLAC to MP3 but getting them to work seems beyond me at the moment. Any tips on this one?

Brian R

May 16, 2018, 6:39:03 PM5/16/18
to Brennan Forum
I Have used Flacsquisher (where do they get these names from?) in the past .I don't remember any problem using it.

Brian

PMB

May 17, 2018, 2:26:52 AM5/17/18
to Brennan Forum
Hi David,

Other members have mentioned 'db Power Amplifier' for file conversion.

Paul
Brennan Support.