LAN Connection failed on B2

neil....@btinternet.com

Oct 20, 2020, 11:25:45 AM10/20/20
to Brennan Forum
I have tred LAN Connection and as well as my wifi attempts that failed as well.
I reset the Brennan before connecting the LAN but nothing will allow any data to download to the Brennan. Yes my LAN is also connected to my computer. Brennan this is not a good advert for these devices.

neil....@btinternet.com

Oct 20, 2020, 11:52:08 AM10/20/20
to Brennan Forum
Further update. i cannot connect to my LAN in the room i want use my Brennan as the LAN extension line in that room cannot accept a dual connection. Thus no LAN and no WIFI, i am open to suggestions but this isn't looking good

PMB

Oct 21, 2020, 3:53:07 AM10/21/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Neil,

I found that I had to restart the router after connecting the B2 to it via an Ethernet cable to make it connect.

For the WiFi issue - have you got the WiFi dongle (marked 802.11n) plugged into the B2 - when you run 'Setup WiFi' (Settings menu) does the B2 display 'Scanning' and then a list of networks it has discovered - are you able to select your network SSID and enter a password - do you press NEXT to connect?

Let us know where in the process the setup fails and we will try to help further.

Paul
Brennan Support.

neil....@btinternet.com

Oct 21, 2020, 4:40:54 AM10/21/20
to Brennan Forum

Hi Paul,
You gave me the clue thank you.
2nd reboot of internet allowed the ethernet to find then Brennan. i would like to use the ethernet cable for my computer so probably tomorrow i will try taking it off the ethernet and try rebooting the inter and see if it will work on the wifi.
I will let you know. Problems with technolgy normally have very simple solutions.
Thank you

PMB

Oct 22, 2020, 3:20:04 AM10/22/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Neil,

That's great, Thanks for letting us know.

Paul
Brennan Support.