Sound

Colin Jackson

Apr 11, 2021, 11:25:16 AM4/11/21
to Brennan Forum
I have no sound output on the headphone jack.
The Screen shows "Sound on HDMI (TV) only", is there a way to get out of this?

Peter Lowham

Apr 11, 2021, 12:16:54 PM4/11/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Colin,

You can switch this off by going into the B2 WebUI, click on the little 'Cog Wheel' icon on top left hand window.  This opens up a 'Settings and Status' window.  Towards the bottom of this window you will see a box named 'Audio on HDMI (TV)'.

Just untick that box and the sound will return to the headphone jack.

Regards,
Peter.

Peter Lowham

Apr 12, 2021, 7:14:17 AM4/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,

I received this reply from Colin via PM.

That worked ok, Thanks

PMB

Apr 13, 2021, 3:45:50 AM4/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter,

That's great, thanks for helping Colin!

Paul
Brennan Support.

Michael Taylor

May 11, 2021, 9:03:45 AM5/11/21
to Brennan Forum
I have no sound at all since late last night. It just stopped. Brennan B2 is brand new. Plugged into a set of speakers that work fine. Have no others to test with. Have I somehow muted it. BTW the accidental ticking of audio on HDMI is not an issue. HELP

PMB

May 12, 2021, 4:01:36 AM5/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi mickf,

Have you powered off, waited a few minutes and powered on again?

Do the speaker connecting cables have metal bodied plugs - these could be touching and shorting the outputs - try slipping a piece of card or thin [plastic between each of the plugs to isolate them.

If it's not that - do you have anything plugged into the 'Line Out' socket on the B2?

If you have any headphones or ear buds try plugging those into Line Out, turn the volume up to 50+ (to get a reasonable level) and check if you can hear any sound from there.

Have you toggled 'Audio on HDMI (TV)' on and off a couple of times to makes sure the command has got through to the B2?

Paul
Brennan Support.