Lost content on B2?

Brian McHugh

Apr 2, 2021, 7:12:43 AM4/2/21
to Brennan Forum
I have been doing a lot of reordering of my album collection on the B2 using NAS mode, and have also been adding a lot more albums ripped to flac files on my laptop.

After reindexing the B2 the final time, I appear to have 'lost' a number of albums for no apparent reason.   My first thought was that these might have been accidentally dragged from their original locations on the B2 so that the album contents are now "Albums within albums" - but close examination shows that this has not been the case.

Any suggestions as to possible causes ?  Unfortunately I have made a lot of chnges since the last backup - so it is looking like these albums may be gone for good. Are there any 'known pitfalls' that I need to be aware of when transferring data to the B2 and reorganising - aside from obviously not changing the file structures?

fred.w....@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2021, 10:19:37 PM4/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Presumably you have run a "Scan Disk" from the front controls of the B2.

If not please do so and look again.

Finally if you have been moving files via NAS, then it will most likely have worked - but unless you have to screens of Windows File Explorer open side by side, and you can move things very carefully, you can sometimes make a slip.

In terms of "properties" of the PC/Mac directory and the B2's music folder how big in terms of size and number of files is the discrepancy between the two?

Fred

PMB

Apr 5, 2021, 5:17:33 AM4/5/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi bj.m...,

Assuming you have run Scan Disk after making edits via your computer and NAS, please give an example of something you have changed. We may be able to comment on the change/s.

Paul
Brennan Support.