Pub Jukebox style playlist?

Christian Sunderland

Nov 30, 2021, 7:44:17 AM11/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Hello,

I am aware that playlists are only pointers and I am also aware that the Brennan B2 doesn't like multi-tasking...

Is it possible (and safe) to create an 'active' playlist? - i.e. update the playlist as it is playing?
- Start with one song, then keep adding, as you would do with a pub jukebox?

Has anyone given this a go before??

Christian

PMB

Nov 30, 2021, 9:24:41 AM11/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Christian,

Collective wisdom says that this is risky as it is asking the B2 to do two things at the same time and may cause issues with the Playlist. But by all means give it a try and let us know how you get on.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Davywhizz

Nov 30, 2021, 10:15:15 AM11/30/21
to Brennan Forum
I got a little carried away the day I learned how to make B2 playlists and started adding tracks to the end of a list while it was playing. The list got a little scrambled: I seem to remember having to rename some of the tracks to put things right. Fortunately nothing more drastic happened.

Daniel Taylor

Nov 30, 2021, 10:31:39 AM11/30/21
to Brennan Forum
A similar thing happened to me when I was adding to a playlist while the B2 was playing music.  The problem may start out as relatively small and easy to fix.  But if you don't catch it right away, it can grow into a big mess.

Christian Sunderland

Dec 1, 2021, 10:33:33 AM12/1/21
to Brennan Forum

I am not planning on keeping a permanent playlist...  Just a 'going out, getting ready' one! - Even the playlist may display the incorrect song, does it play the right one??

fred.w....@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2021, 10:38:43 AM12/1/21
to Brennan Forum
Without the pointer to the music matching properly, the son it will play is undefined.

Christian Sunderland

Dec 1, 2021, 11:13:20 AM12/1/21
to Brennan Forum
I thought I'd give it a go and so far, seven songs have played correctly, each one individually added during playback...

fred.w....@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2021, 11:23:11 AM12/1/21
to Brennan Forum
I take it your a devotee of roulette?😉

PMB

Dec 2, 2021, 6:24:59 AM12/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Christian,

The B2 will play whatever title is shown in the Playlist.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Christian Sunderland

Dec 2, 2021, 9:43:05 AM12/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Just a little update on this...

If you try and add a song above your girlfriend's choices, it ignores it! - Only seems to work correctly if you add a song to the bottom of the playlist... (Unfortunately!)

PMB

Dec 3, 2021, 5:33:01 AM12/3/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Christian,

You can reorder the playlist using the web UI - click the three dots to the right of the track you want to move and use the pop-up menu to select where to move it to.

Paul
Brennan Support.