Difference between V3 and Original HTML interface

Old-nick

Mar 4, 2020, 7:54:18 AM3/4/20
to Brennan Forum
I typically run with two active browsers, Firefox and Opera, and usually have the original HTML interface on one and the V3 on the other. I compare the interfaces out of interest of the interface evolution.

Running on the V3 interface earlier I selected an Album and then Random play. On the V3 interface this seemed to not work or played Random within the album. It took a few tracks as I was listening in background to realise that it was the same album. But on the Original interface when I selected Random the B2 played random tracks from the entire collection?

A small bug or me?

Daniel Taylor

Mar 4, 2020, 8:49:29 AM3/4/20
to Brennan Forum
I can't say for sure, and I do not speak for Brennan.  I think when you have two different browsers open, both trying to control the B2, you're opening yourself up to problems.  If one browser (regardless of UI type) says Random, and the other one says Not Random, how is the B2 to know which to obey?  It will probably respond to whichever has sent the command most recently.  But you do face the problem of the two UIs being out of sync.  For true comparison, you need to have only one UI open at a time.  (Or, I could be wrong. ;o)

Old-nick

Mar 4, 2020, 10:28:06 AM3/4/20
to Brennan Forum
Generally the browsers/interfaces seem to stay in sync I have not
noticed any difference if I alternative control between the
browsers/interfaces.