A downloaded album imports only one of 13 tracks to my B2 from a USB stick formatted as FAT 32.?

Raymond Attfield

Nov 15, 2021, 10:43:20 AM11/15/21
to Brennan Forum
The USB is corectly formatted.
One track is imported OK.
The downloaded files are all FLAC.
Can any one explain what I should to get the other 12 tracks?
Ray

JFBUK

Nov 15, 2021, 11:45:00 AM11/15/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Ray,

when you look at the contents of the USB stick is the folder and file format

Artist\Album\track

e.g,

Rolling Stones\Sticky Fingers\Brown Sugar.flac

John

Message has been deleted

JFBUK

Nov 15, 2021, 2:55:25 PM11/15/21
to Brennan Forum
Ray replied direct

John
this is one example track. description is that an OK format?
Julia Wolfe - Field Recordings - 01 Reeling.flac
Ray

Hi Ray,

No, that will not work.

The music needs to be organised in disc folders on the USB drive

One folder for each artist.
Within the artist folder there needs to be one folder for each album by that artist.
Within each album folder the tracks for that album
See this on the B2 website

JFBUK

Nov 17, 2021, 9:20:17 AM11/17/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Ray replied direct

John
OK so I’m dealing with one album, all tracks by the same group but different composers.
so would this work?
Artist = Bang on a can
Album = Field recordings
Track = Reeling, Julia Wolfe
forget the flac
I’ll try it.
thanks
Ray

Hi Ray,

when you reply on the forum use 'Reply All' so that its gets posted on here. That way all users can see and follow the thread. :)

You do need to give the file a an extension (e.g. .FLAC). Its possible though, it may work without one but I would not recommend it.

The way I deal with a similar but different naming issue is as follows.

I have a number of compilation albums by various artists so my

ARTIST\ALBUM\TRACKS are e.g.

Various Artists\African Blues\01 Talibe [Ismaël Lo].flac

where the text in the [ ] is the name of the track artist.

In other words adapt the track name to carry additional info.

You can do something similar to keep the composer info with the track name.

Those B2 owners with Classical music collections use similar tricks to have additional info in the track name

screenshot of this on my disk

Screenshot 2021-11-17 141110.jpg

John

PMB

Nov 18, 2021, 4:28:11 AM11/18/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Ray,

Have you seen our Organising your music page - link - on the website?

Paul
Brennan Support.

PMB

Nov 18, 2021, 6:48:23 AM11/18/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,

Raymond replied via email -

Paul
Thanks, yes I was aware of the file order issue and have successfully arranged my library accordingly.
My problem, now solved, was not realising I had to rearrange the original downloaded material before uploading to Brennan.
Like many things to do with the digital world I don’t understand the form and language of each part in the puzzle or in what way I have to speak to them….!
Thanks to excellent support all is now well  and the Brennan B2 continues performing and providing all I need with a music system.
It’s great.
Ray