WEB UI

stevew...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2021, 5:47:33 PM6/8/21
to Brennan Forum
I was recently editing playlists using the WEB UI on mac. When finished I went to another website and came back to Brennan. WEB UI no longer displays ANY music. I ran SCAN DISC, downloaded most recent (June 8, 2021, 5:30 pm EDT) software, and reestablished WIFI connection. Music shows up on Brennan B2 but NOT WEB UI or mobile app. I deleted internet history and reloaded the correct URL for the B2. I deleted the mobile app and downloaded new version. NO help.

Everything works fine using controls on face of B2.

Daniel Taylor

Jun 8, 2021, 8:31:19 PM6/8/21
to Brennan Forum
You were right to reload the browser tab as you did.
I think the next thing to do is to check your WiFi Strength (Maintenance menu).  You want to see a signal no worse than -50 (-40 is better, -60 is worse).  If the strength is a higher negative number than -50, try the following:
Move your B2 closer to your router.
Switch the WiFi dongle to USB C.
Move your WiFi dongle to the end of a USB extension cable.
You can buy a new WiFi dongle that has an antenna.  Look for one that has the RT5370 chipset.
If none of that helps, you could try plugging a network cable between the inside back of the B2 and your router (and remove the WiFi dongle).

Please let us know how you get on.

JFBUK

Jun 9, 2021, 7:04:42 AM6/9/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Steve,

sounds like the same issue I have experienced.
I would try the advice offered to me by kind souls on here

John

Daniel Taylor

Jun 9, 2021, 7:13:50 AM6/9/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi John,
I remember the thread at the link you posted.  And after skimming the thread again, I don't see that your problem was ever resolved.  Have we concluded that there is a problem with the current software?

JFBUK

Jun 9, 2021, 8:22:44 AM6/9/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Daniel,
Nothing definitive.
Paul from Brennan has noted it but the latest software has made no change in my experience.
One of the oddities is that it seems to impact the Web UI and not the front panel control functionality.
I did think it was wifi strength at one point but since I made changes to my home wifi network I consistently get
-35dB to -40dB so I have to discount that in my situation.

John

PMB

Jun 9, 2021, 12:11:11 PM6/9/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Steve,

Did you check the WiFi strength at the B2 as Daniel suggests?

Paul
Brennan Support.

Daniel Taylor

Jun 9, 2021, 2:50:16 PM6/9/21
to Brennan Forum
John,
If you are able, have you changed back to an earlier software version to see if it is version dependent?

JFBUK

Jun 9, 2021, 3:40:28 PM6/9/21
to Brennan Forum
Daniel,

This is what I posted previously

1. I have flashed an alternate SD card (albeit not a brand new one) and did a web upgrade to the latest software (May 12th 2021) but unfortunately the problem still occurs.
2. I then decided to repeat the exercise but not upgrade the software so the software version was Sep 8 2020 .
3. I ran scan disk and it worked with no problems. I ran it again to make sure and still OK :)
4. I ran the web upgrade to the May 12 2021 software and everything was OK but the settings & status panel reports zero hard drive usage. Otherwise the WebUI is working as expected.
5. I ran a scan disk again and the WebUi is not functioning :(
6. Save and a power cycle brings things back but the disk usage is still reported as zero.

I also connected to my B2 as 'Root' using WinSCP and checked the HDD properties before and after a 'scan disk' that caused a problem.
There was no difference in permissions

@Paul @Brennan - I am definitely seeing different behaviour for scan disk between the two versions of the B2 software.

John

Daniel Taylor

Jun 9, 2021, 4:41:34 PM6/9/21
to Brennan Forum
Sorry.  I realize now that I did read that before.  But without reading it again, I got caught up in trying to trouble shoot the problem.

So based on that, it seems clear that at some point, the software went haywire.

PMB

Jun 10, 2021, 4:28:49 AM6/10/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Steve,

Ok it looks like there may be a software problem specific to MACs - what iOS and platform are you using?

Are you selecting Scan Disk from the web UI or the B2's front panel - if from the web UI try it from the front panel - Settings >> Scan Disk?

Paul
Brennan Support.

RandyT

Jun 10, 2021, 12:33:36 PM6/10/21
to Brennan Forum
The answer is likely YES but needs asking. Have you tried different browsers? I keep 4 different browsers on my Mac and use them all for different purposes. With Windows I remember some interfaces working with one browser and not with others. My typical Brennan interface is Firefox. I keep all browser software up to date.

Fred Waltman

Jun 11, 2021, 12:53:19 AM6/11/21
to Brennan Forum
I use the Web UI on Safari on a Mac running Catalina and I haven't had any real problems -- none that a refresh of the browser tab didn't fix.

Newbie Fred

RandyT

Jun 11, 2021, 9:20:07 AM6/11/21
to Brennan Forum
Okay Fred, here's another stupid question, have you cleared your cache, cookies, and history from Safari? Sometimes those browsers will hang onto stuff. I have my Mac wired in via ethernet. Is that possible for you? Even temporarily to see if that makes a difference? Bypassing the Wifi would at least take that out of the equation if you have the same issue when wired in. Let us Mac users know what happens!!